The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie w/ questions: Supplement affiliates?

breadnbutter

affiliate
Hello and good weekend!

I just got my website up and running. I'm ready to start placing products on the website. However I am having a hard time finding affiliate websites to sign up on.

I'm sort of looking for a service to place specific products on the website, not just a banner saying "buy products here" . I want to deep link to the product itself.

My niche involves tea and weight loss. Does anyone know of an affiliate website that allows me to post a picture/link to a tea weight loss product and get clicks directly to that product?

My questions may not make sense as I don't know the lingo and I've been researching how affiliation works for quite some time, learning every day.

Thanks!

Hi breadnbutter,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Sure, there are lots of programs that let you deep link directly to products with product links, you just may need to hunt a little to find the ones that do.

Sign up with Shareasale and Cj.com and you should find plenty of programs that do.

I did sign up with shareasale! I have yet to have enough traffic to have any sales (or even clickthroughs!) but I am very eager to see how their services are.

I will check on the other ones you mentioned. Thanks!

breadnbutter-

Welcome to the exciting business of affiliate marketing. U r in the right place to learn how to be an effective affiliate marketer.

In my opinion, being an affiliate marketer is one of the fastest ways to make the most amount of money, with the least amount of expense.

However, there are many similarities between an online business, and an offline business. It takes passion for what you are doing, the right mind set, learned skills (like how to make a simple website, and maximizing conversion, and targeted traffic), consistence, persistence, and most importantly, delivering VALUE.

If you want my advice, this is what I would do:

1. Maximize your CONVERSION rate (at what rate your landing page does what it is intended to do), and onpage SEO (search engine optimization), by doing a little keyword research, using Google's External Keyword Tool, and tweaking your website accordingly.

2. Once you are happy with the process your visitors will go through once they get to your site, and you are satisfied with your onpage SEO, start generating TARGETED TRAFFIC, by using several free, and/or paid methods (I prefer free methods myself), and building a MAILING LIST (an affiliate marketers most valuable asset) using FREE methods like: Forum Marketing, Email Signatures, Article Marketing and other content distribution, Classified Ads, and Online Giveaways, etc. Or, PAID methods like: PPC, Text Link or Banner Ads, Offline Advertising, etc.

3. No matter what aspect of business you are working on, ALWAYS PROVIDE VALUE, from the time you are generating traffic (before you even get any visitors to your site), to long after the sale, and beyond. People do not care about how going to your website will benefit you, they only care about how going to your website will benefit them. So, give them as much transparent, honest, valuable, current, relevant information as you can.

I know what I have explained is pretty general. But, hang around for awhile, and you will learn, and more importantly, have the opportunity to implement something new, and effective every day.

Good luck.

Matthew Zinda

Thank you so much for your contribution! Your advice has helped me out greatly and has assured me that I am indeed on the right path. There's a lot I don't know, but I realize I know more than I thought I did, if that makes sense. I have a great grasp on SEO and offering Value, quality content, catchy web design, etc.

I hope to have some success stories shortly!

breadnbutter-

Welcome to the exciting business of affiliate marketing. U r in the right place to learn how to be an effective affiliate marketer.

In my opinion, being an affiliate marketer is one of the fastest ways to make the most amount of money, with the least amount of expense.

However, there are many similarities between an online business, and an offline business. It takes passion for what you are doing, the right mind set, learned skills (like how to make a simple website, and maximizing conversion, and targeted traffic), consistence, persistence, and most importantly, delivering VALUE.

If you want my advice, this is what I would do:

1. Maximize your CONVERSION rate (at what rate your landing page does what it is intended to do), and onpage SEO (search engine optimization), by doing a little keyword research, using Google's External Keyword Tool, and tweaking your website accordingly.

2. Once you are happy with the process your visitors will go through once they get to your site, and you are satisfied with your onpage SEO, start generating TARGETED TRAFFIC, by using several free, and/or paid methods (I prefer free methods myself), and building a MAILING LIST (an affiliate marketers most valuable asset) using FREE methods like: Forum Marketing, Email Signatures, Article Marketing and other content distribution, Classified Ads, and Online Giveaways, etc. Or, PAID methods like: PPC, Text Link or Banner Ads, Offline Advertising, etc.

3. No matter what aspect of business you are working on, ALWAYS PROVIDE VALUE, from the time you are generating traffic (before you even get any visitors to your site), to long after the sale, and beyond. People do not care about how going to your website will benefit you, they only care about how going to your website will benefit them. So, give them as much transparent, honest, valuable, current, relevant information as you can.

I know what I have explained is pretty general. But, hang around for awhile, and you will learn, and more importantly, have the opportunity to implement something new, and effective every day.

Good luck.

Matthew Zinda

banners
Back