The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

(Newbie) robots.txt to let google index just some pics

Latintrans

affiliate
Hi: this is my second post here and it goes again on SEO. for my joomla 1.5.7 site

my installation have the standart joomla robots.txt i have not modified this file yet

Then what i would like to do is to let google to index just some images from my website but not all of them. my site have some content taken from. other websites i have read somewhere that is not good for indexing and positioning then i guess to disallow the indexing of this content would be better.

I am not sure if this could be done or how difficult would be for a non programmer newbie joomla webmaster like me to do this. but at least i would like to try

i see that the media folder is disallow, but it is there where all images are, how can i adapt this to my desire?, if possible

any other suggestions for optimization are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the good solution depends on your Joomla settings. For instance if you do not use the default or any other 3rd party URL rewriting tool a given piece of content is accessible via multiple URLs, so if you disallow once Google may index the content requesting other webasdress, which will serve the pretty same content. If you set up some rewrite this issue will be solved and you will be able to use the robots.txt file effectively.
Otherwise as far as I know the images which are inserted in the contents are stored in the /images/stories/ folder.

Hi Bagi: the images issue have become secondary by now. but i was looking at the sef configuration and it is using rewriting mode with .htacces(mod_rewrite). then i gues mod rewrite is enable and in use

But if it is so what means this?

That i can use the robots.txt to let some pics be indexed by google or the contrary?.

Thanks for all you help

MI
Back