The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie Questions

rasmus

affiliate
Hi !!

I am looking forward to starting a website about my big interest in life. I hope this will be interesting for more people than me and if I could use affiliating marketing to make my hobby my workplace it would be a dream come true for me.

So the questions I have:

Can I use different Affiliate partners (commision junkie, google adsense and so on) on the same website at the same time? Why I would want this is because maybe not all the companies I would like to have on my website are in the same affiliate programs.

And secondly:

If a company I would like to have on my website is not connected to any of commision junkie or any other, can I make my own affilite program and make a independent deal with them? for example with post affiliate pro.

Thanks for answers !!

Rasmus

Rasmus,

Welcome to the forum and great questions! Let me see if I can help.

Yes, you can list products from various affiliate programs and networks on your site and probably most sites do. Not only because you can offer different products that are only available from a variety of merchants, but you can also then offer the best priced products, maybe even do a price comparison. By doing this you do the customer a service and show them the best deal. In some cases two merchants offer the same product but one has free shipping, so you can promote them as a better deal for the customer.

Your second question is a bit harder to answer and actually not a question I had heard before. You might be able to arrange it, but it would involve a lot of time and effort on your part for probably very little gain if you could pull it off. Question is, do you want to build your web site and make money off of other merchants products or do you want to be running a bunch of quasi affiliate programs that may or may not produce any income. I would not really encourage this type of approach, but maybe others here have some experiences that could shed a different light on this.

Great questions and you are off to a good start!

Hi rasmus, welcome to 5 Star! I have heard of people setting up their own arrangements with companies whose products they want to sell, but I don't know any details on how to do that. Maybe they could be convinced to sign up with one of the affiliate networks.

Hi !

Thanks for the quick replies. Hopefully all the companies I want to have on my website are available through a affiliate program or else maybe it is better to convince them to join one affiliate network. (if someone, however has worked with the other solution and knows more about how it works I would be happy to hear about it.)

As I said, this is my hobby and I love working with it, so offcourse it would be a dream come true if it could generate an income that I could live off. Thanks for the tips and I will continue to work on my website.

Thanks again!

hi rasmus,its a good thing you want to share your hobby with the world.you can use different monetization methods like adsense,cpa,amazon and clickbank.it is when you start and apply each option then you can know which works best.The major thing is for you to begin.

you're enthusiastic that's great! and if you're already passionate about blogging about stuff you love, it's definitely going to help you! :)

i think it's great if you can convince some companies that don't have affiliate programs to start one. the upside of this is that you'll be their first affiliate and won't have much competition at first especially if their product isn't available elsewhere. now the downside is that they may not be willing to give you a high commission. when you see that Clickbank's merchants give up to 75% of commission, it wouldn't be very interesting to earn 5% on similar kind of products. but anyway, it's always good to test things out. it will make you learn faster! :)

it's definitely a good idea to promote products from different affiliate programs as it has been said.

good luck to you! keep us posted about your improvements and if you need us to review your site, it's cool :)

cheers!

Hi Rasmus. A hobby is a good place to start when new to Internet Marketing. I see from other websites that some place more than one ad from different Affiliate companies however, I've always been taught to focus your niche on one product. I've found that time management is Hugh. Focusing your efforts will help you save time as you do your article marketing, backlinking, social media work, and list building. Good luck in your endeavors.

banners
Back