The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Newbie needing help.....

Mikejed

Hi, I am new to the game and was wondering the best way to start off. Is it worth buying a website templates(with "5 streams of income") sold on ebay for around $100 which claim, with advertising, can make decent money? The only thing i have tried is selling clickbank products through op-in email, which got me no where (i just used hoplinks and dont have a website). Is PPC advertising going to work if you sell, say ,clickbank products without your own website or will it be a waste of money? Thanks for any input:)

Answer to your first question - no!
Dont buy them.. they are sold to hundreds of people and as a result are rather worthless (in most cases).

If you dont know how to create a site, pay someone to do it for you.
Or use Wordpress on your own domain or even a BLogger blog - just something to get you started.

Answer to your first question - no!
I'm with longroad -- please, NO!! Don't waste your money on that!!!

A web site or as longroad said, blog -- something like that would be far better. Begin with choosing a name and then finding a URL that fits.

Agreed - those cookie cutter sites are worthless.
Beware of anything that sounds too good to be true.

Also Clickbank IMHO is the worst place for affiliates to start. See this thread.
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/5382-clickbank-not-good-place-newbies-start.html">Clickbank - Not a Good Place for Newbies to Start</a>

I agree with the suggestions above.

Before you spend a dime or invest time going in the wrong direction,
read all the stickies in our newbie forum, then spend time trying to find the
right niche and use some of the tools and ideas in our niche forum.

I'll join this bandwagon.. Don't buy anything pre-packaged or sounding too easy!!! It just doesn't work that way...

Read, read, read. Test, test, test. Find a method that works for you and then - Work, work, work....

I know that's kinda vague, but I really think that's how you should approach it.

thanks all i have been reading reading and reading for a week now and feel im ready to go. Im gonna set up a Godaddy account and use their web-building tools to create a unique content site written by me. :)

Glad we could help you Mike.

Be sure to ask questions whenever you have any.

It is always better to have a landing page (where you give more info and relevance to what you want to sell) instead of redirecting your traffic to the sign-up page. A blog could be sufficient enough. As per your PPC query, best is that you educate yourself better as this kind of campaign could hurt your finances if you don't know how the system works. Best of luck to you buddy! ;)

Some Advice

Hello,

Like every one has said, do not buy these templates from ebay. These are designed to make the ebayer money and have not been geared up towards product promotion or good content layout.

With ppc, read up on it first. PPC is a very good way to throw money away if you are a newbie, i have seen this happen many of times.

I will give you some tips that will help you get started.

1. Find a definate niche you wish to promote and gain as much knoweldge, content, product imager as you can.

2. Create your website. A landing page or blog might be best to start with, however a standard 'affiliate site' with either left vertical or top horizontal navigation works great.

3. Creat your domain which is relevant to your affiliate niche. A .com is always advised. It helps the vistors remeber the site more and helps provide a more 'legitimate' image.

4. Keep your site looking independant. Vistors prefer to read a independent review.

5. Make your content keyword rich and use the same keywords within your keyword meta and description tags. These meta description tags are small sections of code at the top of the website. You can find information on these anywhere on the interent.

6. Learn some simple SEO and apply it to your site. Again, type something like SEO for beginners into google and you will have lots of sources to choose from.

7. Write articles, include them in your site but most importantly post them up onto ezinearticles, go artcicles etc and have links to your site. This will help with organic traffic.

8. Submit your site to link directories and article directories. Link referral, link metro are a good two.

9. Most importantly, have patience. Affiliating is a process that should be given plenty of time. Without investing heavily into ppc it takes time to build up google rankings, visitors, and reputation. Also your web design and content will always change as you find what works and what doesnt.

10 Good luck!!!

k9gta - Question for you on the eBay affiliate thing for cars.

People obviously go and look at these cars before they buy. How does eBay ensure they get their cut? I mean, what stops the purchaser from cutting a deal directly with the seller? Have you ever had a problem with this? Would you even know?

Just wondering...

Thx

k9gta - Question for you on the eBay affiliate thing for cars.

People obviously go and look at these cars before they buy. How does eBay ensure they get their cut? I mean, what stops the purchaser from cutting a deal directly with the seller? Have you ever had a problem with this? Would you even know?

Just wondering...

Thx

Very true; I guess someone could do a deal outside of eBay... However...

If I worry about that and do nothing I would not be making extra money, and I rather take the chance and make a few extra dollars per month. :D

Personally I just don't worry about it and setup my websites anyway.

Hope this helps.

How well do you do with that? If you don't mind sharing...

Thx

I make little over $200 per month bearing in mind that I just started changing from AdSense to the eBay affiliate program about 2 months ago.

The eBay affiliate program is slowly but surely catching up to my AdSense revenue and that is with FAR less domains using eBay compared to the ones using AdSense.

I just wish I would have made this move 6 months ago...

Hi

I totally agree with everyone in not buying these templates, at first glance they probably sound great because it seems to take the hard work out of creating your own site.

Your best bet would be to create your own site though, that way you have control about the design, about the content and what you want to promote on it.

I haven't had much success with Clickbank, but there are others who successfully earn money through them, I use CJ, Linkshare and clixGalore mainly, but there are a lot of others out there. Decide what you would like to be promoting and then work from there and sign up at an affiliate program, and check out some direct merchants as well as they may offer 'something different'.

Best of Luck!

I make little over $200 per month bearing in mind that I just started changing from AdSense to the eBay affiliate program about 2 months ago.

The eBay affiliate program is slowly but surely catching up to my AdSense revenue and that is with FAR less domains using eBay compared to the ones using AdSense.

I just wish I would have made this move 6 months ago...

Thanks... Is that $200 / month with 1 site or from a bunch?

Presently, I have about 25 domain names with eBay. However, pretty much only 3 are doing most of the commissions so far. The rest get a few commissions here and there.

The rest of my domains are using AdSense and I am transitioning to eBay little by little.

Ouch! So, that sounds like $200 / month from 3 sites. That's $65 / site / month. That's like $2 / day / site.

And you say this is better than your Adsense Revenues?

I REALLY appreciate you sharing this.. I think it has convinced me to go a different direction...

Thx again.

MI
Back