The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie looking for some advice

Thoth

affiliate
Hello,
My name is Adam Portnoy, and i have recently made a website for affiliate marketing. I was wondering what the single best way to get traffic to your site is and if "pop-unders," were of any use or worth the price.

Thanks Adam

Thanks Lawree

Larwee i appreciate the quick reply. I have looked at this thread previously, and i believe i have solid content on my site. However, i put the site up two days ago, and really have no idea where to go from there. I have submitted to Adwords and am waiting for response, but where should i go to post blogs and forums threads for traffic. Are "pop unders" worth it? Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated

-adam

Hi Adam,

Welcome to 5 Star. Buying traffic like pop-unders is almost always a waste of money. Check out that thread Larwee linked to for some better traffic ideas.

Larwee i appreciate the quick reply. I have looked at this thread previously, and i believe i have solid content on my site.

I have a posting in the thread mentioned by Larwee. The thread talks elaborately about the tools for generating traffic on a web site. Only solid content cannot divert traffic to your site. You have to use other tools also such as article submission, forum postings etc. For more information visit the thread sincerely.

You should look into Press Releases. If you pay a bit of money they get picked up the search engines and you can leave comments on other people's blogs too.

Hi there Thoth. My only advise would be to advertise and promote your site MORE. PPC, SEO, Banners, Targeted backlinks, etc. and some free ways social bookmarking, classified postings, forum participation, etc.

There are lots of variations on every aspect of IM. It is very important that you explore every possible way to see what is viable for your niche ;)

Thoth, there are lots of traffic generation methods but not all these methods will work for you.

You have to start testing these methods to see those that give you better results.

Keep in mind that what works for others maybe doesn't work for you and vice versa, for this reason you have to test.

Thanks,
PV Reymond

I think pop up under are as intrusive as pup ups be careful because you don't want your members:eek: to get sick of the pup ops.

I used traffic exchanges to generate traffic to my website. But there is something important I learned about traffic exchange and that is you should be promoting the traffic exchange first before promoting your business. I use TE a lot but instead of promoting individual TE, I promote Traffic Tornado which has 28 TEs under its wings. That's how I am starting to build my downline without much effort. Although my downline is not huge but I can see that it is slowly growing using this approach.

Peter Lee

Advice

Hi there,
Welcome. I have just joined up today myself and think this is a great forum.

You seem to have been set pretty right re where you can find info here on traffic and pop-unders.
A couple years ago pop-unders made a little splash but, as was said, is pretty much a waste of time today.

beric :)

There is definitely no single best way to get traffic to your website, it all depends on many factors. Personally, here are some of the best traffic generators I've experienced:
  • Forums
  • Social Bookmarking
  • Blogging
  • Article Submission
  • Videos

These are in no particular oder, just some things that work. Keep in mind that while you're doing these more speedy traffic tactics, continue your getting backlinks to your site because this will get you better rankings in the long run for more targeted traffic Links to your site is the single most important SEO strategy of them all.

Sheree

banners
Back