The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Newbie Affiliate

patchgill

affiliate
Hi guys, I'm Jamie from England, 23 years old with a wife and 2 daughters. I have been looking for a way to make abit of cash online for some time. I am currently in a family business as a Tree Surgeon ( pause for laughs ) ............. so as you have guessed I aint scared of hard work . I started out looking at all the get rich quick schemes, which I know if your going to make money you gotta put the effort in! I've been reading into affiliate marketing for a while now, and enjoying it but whenever i seem to understand more do I feel I'm sinking deeper. What ways did you guys start and how did you advance? I'd love to get good and I have self taught myself to do basic web pages, but promoting them and making them affiliate worthy is a different story. Such as Wealthy Affiliate and Affiliate Classroom put themselves across to be a good way to go, but is it too good to be true, because in all fairness 90% of content on the internet seems to be. Any information or feedback would be greatly appreciated :).

Kind Regards
Jamie Gill

Hi Jamie from England! Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. In part it's because lots of people who are trying to sell you junk, make it sound like its easy to get rich in your underwear if only you knew their special secret trick. Not true. It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum here, as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

The most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. Have you picked a niche yet? The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

Wealthy Affiliate and Affiliate Classroom are both solid and not too good to be true. I hear more positive feedback about WA lately. So after you attack all the free info here and if you feel the need to pay for more training then I think WA is a good way to go.

I read a couple of beginners guides last night which were very helpful and I seem to be getting my head round it now. Well I'm really into online gaming especially Warcraft and into power tools ( chainsaws and DIY things). So I was thinking of going along these lines. Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply.

Kind Regards
Jamie

Hello Jamie!

Nice to hear a determination in your voice. It is important in this business.

The first and foremost important step is to figure out what line of products you want to affiliate with. It has to be something that you can relate to and understand well. After all, if you build a website, you will have to frequently update it with news and articles and other interesting things related to the topic.

If you pick up something that you don't like - you will soon get bored and give up (which of course, something you don't want to do).

I'm still reading and reading and reading, a real head bender but enjoying every minute. Just a quick question for you guys, I found a post from Linda with an exercise to try last night. Was going to try it out after work today but cant find the bleeding post for the life of me. If anyone could find it that would be great, or any other exercises to try would be great.

Kind Regards
Jamie

Yeah thats the one thanks Linda your a star. Was going with my niche of Warcraft until I saw the numbers. Also when trying to think of content you start to realise how little you know!
Thinking of going with the Stihl chainsaw now as I own 13 of them and work with them everyday the numbers seem about right to me.
Only query is what would be the ideal program to go through as I'm only signed up with clickbank, and they got nothing on chainsaws hehe.

Kind Regards
Jamie Gill

Jamie,

See if you can find a home improvement affiliate program that sells that brand. Also sell other products that people using a chain saw may be interested in.

MI
Back