The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newb Here, Wanted the Simple Answer

G

GeorgeLambing

Hi everyone. Newb here. I understand how Affiliate Marketing flows (mostly) and I've signed up for Affiliate Markets and been approved and offers are ready to go but I'm stuck.....

Where do I go from here? Do I post these links to Twitter, Facebook, create a website dedicated to them? What's allowed and what isn't and most importantly:

What wastes time

I'd recommend building a web site, but you can certainly do affiliate marketing without one. To me, having your own site just seems like the more professional way to go - plus you're not simply building up someone else's site, such as a social network or article directory.

Thanks for the quick reply! I do have my own website but my greatest fear is where does it go? After I've worked hundreds of hours on it hoping that I've set it up correctly where do I go from there?

Believe me, I've done it all! Social Networking, forum postings, word of mouth, PR Firms, free directory submissions...am I missing anything? :confused:

Forget Twitter. Depending on your niche, I say create a Fan Page on Facebook and start liking comments on other Fan Pages. Those people will than like your page. It's a great way to start. I can help you out if you want.

Thanks for the quick reply! I do have my own website but my greatest fear is where does it go? After I've worked hundreds of hours on it hoping that I've set it up correctly where do I go from there?

Believe me, I've done it all! Social Networking, forum postings, word of mouth, PR Firms, free directory submissions...am I missing anything? :confused:

George, IMO your next steps depend on your goals and the timespan you set for achievement of them.

As a successful affiliate marketer my experiences may help you decide the way to go.

First you need to know that 80% of my income is made without a website - it's made by adverting online (mainly with what are known as solo ads, and with a bit of Pay Per Click) and building an email list (an email database of potential buyers of any related offers I place in front of them).

These are people who I can continue to promote offers to on and on into the future.

For example I put 920 new subscribers on an Internet Marketing list of mine in 72 hours a couple of weeks ago.

List building gives you the security for the future and is not affected by the many changes in SEO (website search visability) that we've seen for a long time now, and will continue to see into the future.

It's also fair to say that Google, particularly, has shown a dislike towards affiliate marketing and have demonstrated that they are taking action to penalize what they call 'low user value' affiliate sites.

Having said that I do have a couple of very niche specific websites. These were selected on the basis of decent search traffic, low (very low) competition (giving greater, and quicker, search ranking and therefore traffic) and lastly a rabid buyer audience.

Why don't I have more websites
? Several reasons as follows:

1) Often too slow to rank high and get good traffic. BTW site traffic is not free, it costs you in many ways, one of them being lost opportunity cost. I can make money today any time I want by other means - ie email marketing

2) Uncertainty due to the constant SEO changes

Another, often overlooked, way to gain affiliate commissions today is direct linking to an high converting affiliate offer.

In this case you send traffic straight to the vendors sales pace by advertising online. This could be accomplished through PPC, PPV, Video Marketing, Solo Ads, whatever.

Hope all that helps.

Whatever you decide my greatest advice is to promote offers that people must have to succeed as a marketer online (autoresponders, ad tracking and other marketing tools services) or must have to solve personal problems (weight, acne, relationship breakdowns etc.)

These principles has stood me in good stead for years now.

The simple answer is yes! but my view is you can make more with your own. If you just starting out? promote a few links that interest you, take the advice which is all over the net. DONT throw 1000s away doing it either, do it the free way then build a budget, then you can start earning a lot more depending on the effort you yourself put in.

banners
Back