The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

New to Wordpress-looking for help

oregongal

affiliate
Hi,
I started a blog(more like mini website) on Wordpress.org. I'm not finding it that user friendly. However, I've put some time into it. Does anyone know how to change the header part of the template? Design and putting in your own words?
Diane

I use an older version of Wordpress and had someone custom design my theme,
so I don't know that much about how to change the design. Teli and some of our other members do so hopefully they will be by with an answer.

What do you mean by "putting in your own words?"
You mean adding a post? Adding a page?

Oh IC, read your question wrong.

You mean title text in the header like I have on the Buzz?
Affiliate Marketing BUZZ

I think it depends on how your template was designed.
But typically and it's options>general>Weblog title: is the 1st line and
Tagline is the 2nd line (thats how it is on Affiliate Marketing BUZZ).

Hello Diane,
Linda's right, it depends on the theme you're using. (Feel free to post the theme name and I'll let you know what you need to do.)

To change your header, generally there is a file called 'header.jpg' somewhere in the theme's image folder. You need to find that file, its dimensions, and replace it with your own custom file.

If you want a decorative title for your blog, that would require a little more tweaking. It would involve adding your blog's name to your new header using a graphics program, such as Photoshop, and modifying the CSS so the default blog title doesn't show up over it.

Otherwise, follow Linda's instructions and you can change your blog's name from the admin panel.

Hope that helps out and if you have any specific questions about WordPress, please ask, I'm sure that (if not me) there are plenty of people here who are willing to help out.

~ Teli

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking about something decorative, but I believe that will be a bit too complicated. The options tab works well enough, thanks.
Diane

MI
Back