The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to forum - content generation

Cryp42

affiliate
Hey people, newbie here. Read a couple of threads advising to follow my passion or something I could develop a passion for - solid advice.

However the next sticking point im having is content generation. Where can I find quality unique content for my blog? As Im not the expert at my subject yet ... Thx in advance! :)

Hi Cryp,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

You don't have to be the expert. If you found a topic you are passionate about LEARNING about, that's good too. Just think of topics within that niche that interest you and that you think would help others. Research and re-write the info in your own words.

Depending on the niche, there may also be PLR (private label rights) content you can buy. That's pre-written content. But you should not publish as is, you should still re-write it somewhat so it's unique instead of the same version everyone else has.

Learn about the topic, there is a ton of information on any niche out there (both free and paid).

One key that I learned from reading Tim Ferriss' book (The Four Hour Work Week) is that you do not need to be an expert... you just need to be the expert to your target audience.

This is a horrible example, but it fits...

If you are teaching people how to create and host a wordpress blog, your target audience is obviously people who do not know how, you just need to know enough to tell them how to do it.

Another example: I have been diving headlong into affiliate marketing (working with article marketing and SEO). At my J.O.B. I am the expert in affiliate marketing because nobody else there does it, or even knows what it is. To them I am an expert because I can show them my clickbank/amazon/google accounts and show them a cash balance that is mine... even though they do not know that I am not near payoff levels (well on amazon and clickbank I am... got a long while until google :p)

Another key from Ferriss.

It is really easy to become the expert. You just need to apply yourself. Read the top 3 books on your topic and you will know more than quite a few people.. and the more you learn beyond that just further separates you from others.

Hey people, newbie here. Read a couple of threads advising to follow my passion or something I could develop a passion for - solid advice.

However the next sticking point im having is content generation. Where can I find quality unique content for my blog? As Im not the expert at my subject yet ... Thx in advance! :)

The best content really is content you write yourself
You have a few things that you are passionate about. Think about the aspects of your passion that you frequently search for online. Things that you are learning about your new niche and find interesting. Processes that you have learned i.e 'how to do x, y or z'. News about your niche

The beauty of riting your own content yourself is it gives your website or blog a personality of its own, reflects your manner of speaking, engenders a feeling of familiarity with your return visitors

Also writing content yourself instantly makes your content unique, and unique content has something to do with search engine optimization :rolleyes:

Another way to develop content is to outsource it. Frankly, I agree that the best content is the content you create yourself, but if you don't have the time to do it, then you could hire a ghostwriter to learn and blog for you. And Linda already touched on it, but blogging PLR content is an option, but you should make sure to change it up a bit so you're not publishing something that's already been published a hundred times before.

~ Teli

I too have trouble writing good quality content. I usually peruse the Internet to come up with some ideas and use them as a spring board to start.

The important thing is to take the idea and expound on it to make it your own.

I have found that good quality content takes time and research.

Good Luck!

banners
Back