The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to affiliate marketing

sunnymarie

affiliate
Hi everyone:

I am new at this site and want to learn and understand many things about affiliate programs. I tried making money with ClickBank but nothing happened. I joined Thinkhost.net they are in the webhosting business and I'm still trying. I want to add some good links to my website if anyone can give me suggestions I sure appreciate them. Thanks, have a great Sunday!

Anna Marie (sunnymarie);)

Hi Anna Marie,

Welcome to 5 Star. It's hard to get started, but don't give up.

Before you think about adding more links, read all the stickies in the newbie forum. They may help you understand better how to get started on the right track, so you can start making some money.

Hi anna,

We all started new. you can learn a lot here. :D

As Linda said, read the stickies and align those with your affiliate marketing goal and plan.

You need to be clear of what you want to achieve.

Hope that helps. :D

Hi sunnymarie,
Nice to have you here

You obviously have a website and have already tried promoting clickbank products

I don't know how long your site has been up for but it does take a while to make your first sale

Here are a few tips to help make your site more profitable

1. Only promote one product on any one page. As you have not added a link to your site in your signature, i don't know if you are already doing this

2. Your content must presell your product. It should not be a blatant sales pitch but it should leave your visitors feeling that this product actually makes sense.

3. Add an opt in form. Get their email addresses. Crucial to the success of your business

4. Be niche specific. You need to identify your target audience and cater to them. A catch one catch all page just does not work. The guy who has a page targeting acne sufferers will usually get more conversions than the one on general health. Not a good example but i am sure you get my point

5. Take the opportunity to promote your site at every given opportunity. For example IN YOUR SIGNATURE ON HIGH TRAFFIC FORUMS like this one ;)

6. Add a tracker like google analytics to your pages. This way you know where your traffic is coming from, what keywords they are using and how long they are spending on your site

7. Work at it. Every single day. Improve your content, improve your backlinks, improve the articles you are submitting to article directories, just keep working and keep improving

Alright, this is getting rather long so i'll end it here

Take care, sunnymarie and good luck:eek:

to promote your site you need patients and a good product. May i suggest that you stay away from the adult industry as an affiliate. After 4 years of bad experience there is better out there.

My advice? Promote what you know. Like if you find a good host, service, whatever, it's easier to recommend something you know about than just another meaningless link.

Also, try to focus on content first. I never made a dollar until...

I stopped TRYING to "make money" and just shared what I learned, etc.

I stand by that 100% for ANYONE.

Sheree

Making money online can be a frustrating expierience in the beginning. Keep trying, and you shall succeed one day.

First step is learning as much as you can. Forum like 5 star is a good starting point. Also, get yourself a copy of Jeremy Palmer's High Performance Affiliate Marketing (its free).

Webhosting, dating etc are "super competitive" niches to begin with, and clickbank is not very easy either especially if you are trying "bum marketing" methods, and not ppc.

Have an action plan. Take small steps, and you'll eventually carve out your own path. And, start out with products you personally have tried/would like to endorse or feel that you have some sort of authority to write about/promote.

It is really frustrating at first but as i go on, i just learned some of the tricks and that's it, im earning nice

Affiliate marketing is tricky business; I'm still a beginner myself but I've learned every product needs to be marketed differently, there's no "one way".

This pay period for ClickBank is going to be my first even $1000 one; I'm insanely happy. One day you'll get there too; even a $1000/day is achievable!

You're in the right forum, Sunny. Linda and the members of this forum are a great help! I have learned a lot since joining 5 Star last year. :D

One piece of advice. Ask as many questions as possible. There's plenty of threads you can peruse, as someone previously mentioned, but feel free to ask others for help.

Another thing is look at who your target audience is and what type of products and services will appeal to them. Figure out how you want to help them.

Additionally, though Alexa is touted for giving detailed info about a site's traffic, you may also want to look into Quantcast - Open Internet Ratings Service. It's a great tool to help you assess where your traffic is coming from and may even be able to give you some info based on the gender and ethnicity of your visitors. You should look at this info as you begin to promote different merchants to your online users.

Hope this helps you and all the best.

content is key

One of the most important components of making money online is content, content that is fresh, original and good!

MI
Back