The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New to adsense

holkapolka

affiliate
I am getting 1-5 clicks from a mental health site a day with 200 - 300 pageloads & 50-100 visitors a day - is that good ratio? Any advice so increase click ratio? My movie site gives me no clicks even though the same pageload and visitor amount as mental health.

Where are your visitors coming from? Your ad placement? These two factors are very important to increase the CTR.

Traffic - organic traffic is proven to have a high conversion (sale or click). So where these organic traffic come from? From the SERPs. How to get them? Apply SEO to your website to rank well in the SERP and get a steady flow of organic traffic into your site.

Ad placement - try to experiment on the ad placement as some ad placement in some niches may not be effective to others. In my entertainment niche, the best ad placement is above the fold, just below the Title/Description of the site. I tried it also in the sides but the conversion is not as good as the one above the fold.

Try also experimenting on the ad formats. In my entertainment niche, the most effective are the link ads (vertical) while in my work from home niche, I am getting more clicks in the leaderboard.

What has worked for me for many years is this:

The best ad sizes are regular and large rectangles. Google says that the majority of advertisers go for the regular, but I've had good success with the large, too.

Blending. Blend your ad blocks into your web site. Don't use a border. You want to show that they are ads without making them look horrible on your pages.

Place at least one ad block "above the fold." If you're not familiar with the term, it's an old newspaper term that means what people see before they unfold a newspaper. For us, it's what they see before they scroll down once. Ad revenue floats to the top.

Personally, I only use one or two blocks on a page. You want to keep your page looking clean, keep your content the primary focus, and the revenue higher. Less ad blocks have always made me more money.

Use your Competitive Ad Filter. Keep low-paying and out-of-context advertisers off your site. AdsBlackList.com is a great site to help you keep the spam ads from showing up on your pages.

Track, track, track. This is vital. Track your ads by channel and/or URL. Make sure you know what is working and what is not. Trash or change what is not working well for you and keep what's making you the gold. ;)

A slightly different approach but I make money from Adsense in android apps. I've not done it for a while but I used to make android apps on flash. I'd then stick Adsense at the bottom like you would see in any other app. This was two years ago and they've made me money every month since.

Here's a great tip that worked for me:

When I first signed up for Google adsense I placed only one medium rectangle (300x250) ad in the topper right of my sidebar. The ad could be seen as soon as someone lands on the page, I reached quite a few visitors, somewhere 6,000 or so for that month, and also received my first click which excited me a lot, given me the confidence that I needed to continue.

As I continued to receive more and more clicks, I began adding more and ads, but never over did it. The ads were only placed in the most casual and relevant places of the site. This of course generated me thousands of clicks as time progressed.

So the moral is, be patient, take it one ad at a time, be careful with ad placement, and count your adsense earnings as it continues to pour in. Happy Marketing.

banners
Back