The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

New theme but I'm not sure :(

temi

affiliate
Been playing about with theme for this forum but I have not found one that I liked, this is the one like most of all the themes I have been playing about with.

But the search continues.

I have noticed the banner ads above. How much will you be charging members for advertising.

I assume you are undecided about the skin, I see you are trying to get one different from the crowd?

I really cant decide if I like this skin, colours are a very personal thing, if you like green you like this, if you dont you wont :D Doesnt help you much does it but one thing i would say is to try to work around the red and white theme that Haabaa logos currently contain and maybe try that? People are probably used to seeing Haabaa as red/white if that helps.

On the plus side i'd say it does offer a great deal more advertising space than the previous skin. If you imagine those banners above all full up and showing various colours I think the whole outlook would improve 100%. Why not pop a few in to get a better look?

logo.gif

Would give you an idea :D Crock shoe exchange?? lol

Finally, the 'your banner here' links divert back to the page location and offer no info but you are probably aware of that. :)

Robin,
Is sort of experimental and work in progress, not really keen about selling the advert spaces (but in exchange for a shinny croc shoe its a deal :) after I sent a few bob on skin, paid a few bob and the blasted designer still did not get what I want right and charging me hourly I just though F*** it, I will just get the skin at UKWW and change the colour and it won't cost me a penny.
I don't like the colour either but my pocket likes it :) (for now anyway)

Cool about the banner for croc shoes deal but you need to give me the banner in 120x60 pixels and email it to me please.

Regarding the skin... Like Robocop said, colour is a personall thing, but the design (table endings, buttons etc.) is still the basic, which is a bit dull (sorry, no offence). That is why I think it is good to look for a ready templates (it doesn't equal paing web designer to make one for you) - I know it is tireing going through loads of templates, but it pays of eventually -e.g. Haabaa Blog, it is not basic WordPress theme and it took me some time to find the template but that is why it looks cool, or am I wrong? ;)

Sadly,
I could not find a ready made template that I liked without some adjustment being required to make it perfect, that is what makes me think why not just create one from the groud that will be perfect?

I have already paid $30 for one I do not like, not keen about buying yet another one......... I will wait till one of my designers is free and they can create a "perfect" one for me.

i think offering a few different themes for members to choose from OR changing up your theme every now and then is a very good thing. It keeps members from becoming complacent and gets everyone excited.
i like the location of the ads up top and agree that it will add some color, movement, etc to the page. I would love to send you one if you want, even just to plug in as a sample, etc. Please PM me the size requirements, etc.

I totally agree with TVDinner.

P.S. It would be nice to add/change the favicon icon ;)

Hmm, when I first saw this theme I wasn't sure about it.
But now I've spent a couple of minutes browsing the site and I like it a lot.
I know it's simple and basic but that's exactly what I like about it.

MI
Back