The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

New Affiliate Marketer Rant!!

Filipe

Hi there.

My journey in affiliate marketing has been interesting, in a way that I actually love this... I was first introduced to this in 2016 but I only started doing it in November 2018. I found that I actually like researching and I that whenever I have free time, I'm always researching for Marketing related topics trying to get better at what I do. I finally think that I've found something that I really like doing. When I see a sale it's like fireworks. It's like a victory. But then that feeling slowly fades away because it can be many days without any other sale. But even without the sales happening I still love seeing the metrics. Just by having someone signing up to my email list is another victory!!

I have spent around 350$cad dollars on Bing ads plus around 120$cad with a getresponse subscription. I actually like getresponse a lot. It allows me to build my own landing pages and host them and also have autoresponders and their support is great. So in total I've spent almost 500$cad in this adventure. I've made like 7 sales already totaling 250$cad but those sales didn't happen how I wanted them to happen...

I want my business to be sustainable and that would happen if my sales would come through my email marketing funnels. But they didn't!!! They were just random luck.

I get it... First I need to test a lot and spend money to see what it works, and being new to marketing I need to learn the intricacies of copywriting and how to put myself in a buyer's mind.

I am starting to recognize some authority names in this industry, through all the ads that I'm bombarded with daily on social media. There's tons of gurus... but I know that taking their courses is a dead end. They just teach you how to refer those softwares to all those new people starting (like me) for a commission. Softwares that every online marketer uses. I mean... Why would they teach a course if they are good at being salespeople? Why share a formula that would literally give them some much competition?

I still think that I can do it by myself and I'll be very proud of achieving that success one day!! I got a friend in Portugal who started doing online marketing back in 2014 and he already started a small company . He found success!!
I'm in Canada now and I've tried asking him for some tips, but no reply!! So no luck there.

I get it. He had a tough road learning everything.. Why would he teach me anything even if we grew up together? He trailed his own path to success. I should do the same without shortcuts. Without an easy road.

I have a lot of questions and sometimes I wish I had a mentor. Some people are so smart they figure everything on their own. Me on the other hand I need some guidance. But the good thing is that I don't quit!!!

I started this journey on November last year and there's no single day that I don't think about doing things better.

You guys are a great help and I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for always replying to my inquiries and helping me!!!!
This forum is amazing!!! Lots of good Samaritans in here!! God bless you all.

As of now I am learning several things.. From HTML to Email Marketing and how to optimize Landing Pages to have a better CR.

I won't quit!!!
Thanks for everything.

Filipe

Last edited:
Hello, fellow Canuck! I'm in Ontario, myself. :)

I love your dedicated persistence! That, plus the fact that you love what you're doing, I think will probably ensure your success. You've already had some, give yourself some credit there. Not everyone can make sales within a few months. You've recouped half your money and I think you're right when you say that you just need to figure out some of the details to get things running smoothly.

In this industry, the concept is simple but it isn't necessarily easy.

I want my business to be sustainable and that would happen if my sales would come through my email marketing funnels. But they didn't!!! They were just random luck.

That's okay. For now, that will help offset your costs until you get your foundation solid. Keep fine-tuning and optimizing your campaigns to try and keep your costs down while you build your email empire. :)

I need to learn the intricacies of copywriting and how to put myself in a buyer's mind.

If you want something fast that lays it out in easy to replicate examples, do a search for the Gary Halbert letter. He was a master copywriter. You'll find several links for the letter and all of his stuff is good but make sure you check out his newsletter archives - pure gold. There are swipe files of his stuff, too but they are long, likely for magazine or newspaper ads. Interesting reading but I think much longer than you're looking for.

Also, more info that might prove helpful can be found in this thread in the Copywriting forum.

Why would they teach a course if they are good at being salespeople? Why share a formula that would literally give them some much competition?

There are two possibilities that I can think of:

- People who can - do, those who can't - teach. :D
- A passive income stream.

Why share a formula that would literally give them some much competition?

Because they probably want to move on to something else and if the information is useful, it is passive income for them. The product keeps earning without them doing further work on it.

I wish I had a mentor.

You have one. It's called AffiliateFix. :D

Some people are so smart they figure everything on their own.

But everybody....everybody...starts from the same spot, not knowing anything about all of this stuff.

You guys are a great help and I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for always replying to my inquiries and helping me!!!!
This forum is amazing!!! Lots of good Samaritans in here!! God bless you all.

You're very welcome and thank-you for letting us be part of your journey! :) We're a learning and teaching community. We get a big kick out of it when one of our members reaches a goal. Never hesitate to let us know if you have questions, need help or moral support. We've got your back!

Try to remain focused, so you don't feel scattered or distracted and let us know how you're getting along. You can always start a follow-along journey once you start a campaign, so other members can help you as you go, too. ;)

Last edited:
If you are into marketing of Internet marketing products then you can go to muncheye(dot)com and see a list of all new IM Product launches . Now Make a Review blog and a Youtube Video on that Product giving link to that affiliate product and wait to see money flowing to you.

1. Life stinks -- sometimes
  2. I don't mind sharing some things I have learned so long as I am not creating my own *direct* competition.
  3. There is a limit to what people will offer to tell you and what you have to learn the hard way yourself.
Welcome to the "school of hard knocks" you either get a degree or you go broke and need a job :p

MI
Back