The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

New Affiliate Manager

MattMcWilliams

Hi All,

I am the new affiliate manager here at HometownQuotes.com.

To be brief, I look forward to being active on this board and hope that I can provide whatever insight my simple mind can offer. :eek:

All the best,

Matt

Thanks Linda!

Like many here I too was (and to some extent still am) an affiliate myself.

I originally got the HometownQuotes Affiliate Program off the ground as a favor to my friends, the owners of the company. As our program grew to a $300,00+ a month venture, they brought me back to run it.

Even now though I work with about 20 other affiliate programs as we remain affiliates of other sites that offer complementary offers, such as DentalPlans.

I know it really does sound corny, but I truly love dealing with affiliates on a daily basis, doing whatever I can to help them. I have worked in 2 other service oriented businesses and owned my own business for 2 years and not one day was as fun and rewarding as my worst day here.

I get to spend everyday talking with folks who WANT my help and who want to help us grow and who have enjoyed our growth as much as we have. I cannot think of any other industry that could provide the type of atmosphere we have.

Long story short...I love my "job" and look forward to reading all about others' successes and even their learning experiences (there is no such thing as fai**re in my book)

Matt, you have a very good outlook.

It is good that you like what you are doing. There are too many people who don't like what they are doing.

There is nothing corny about helping people, and as you said they also want to help you grow. You are helping them and they are helping you in return.

In a way that sounds a lot like what this community is all about. It is people helping each other.

Thanks for joining 5 Star, Matt.

Hey Matt, Im new here too -

Do you use many different affiliate programs (LinkShare etc) all at the same time? I just wondered if this was common practice for merchants like yourself to use several different programs.

-Rob

Larwee,

Don't thank me. I thank you and the others for having me here.

I think that my comments were based on my own past experiences with affiliate managers. I know what most affiliates want, not because I am some sort of guru or genius, but because I operate on a platform similar to the golden rule. I treat people like they want to be treated.

It is corny by the way even if it is true :D

IronChef253 said:
Hey Matt, Im new here too -

Do you use many different affiliate programs (LinkShare etc) all at the same time? I just wondered if this was common practice for merchants like yourself to use several different programs.

-Rob

Right now we use MaxBounty, ShareASale, and LinkConnector.

I have no issues with managing those, although 97% of our current affiliate traffic comes from our own affiliate program (the link for which is below - hint, hint haha)

We certainly did not start on day one with 10 different networks either.

My advice: Sign-up with one of the mid-sized ones first. If you can handle the work and it is profitable, sign-up with another, and another, etc etc.

Keep growing and adding a few staff here and there and managing 5 or more will not be so bad.

Thoughts?

MI
Back