The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Need some information on freelance jobs!

Elvis

affiliate
Hi everyone, I have done training on web designing and have some skills in graphic design too. I had been thinking of joining a company but then I heard my colleagues talking about freelance jobs. I am not sure about this; they say it is good option. I had taken some information from them, but would like to know more about this.

Thanks in advance for any useful information.

First you need a portfolio you can show your prospective clients, I for example need a graphic designer to create some templates for me but I will like to see example of what whoever I will be giving the project to has done before.

checkout getafreelancer.com , rentacoder,elance,odesk,guru,scriptlance ..there are many more freelancing site.. I prefer getafreelancer.com

in your profile is it ok to have free domain extenions? or does that not look good?

It doesn't look good. Invest in a domain and hosting. (free hosting for a year... check out my blog if you are interested)

Take some low paying jobs, participate in contests (99designs.com), etc. and build up a portfolio and get your name around.

Hi,

Yes working as a freelancer is a good option, as with this way your costs are low which enables you to offer your services at a lower cost. Initially you will face problem generating business as you will not have any portfolio to show, to overcome this first create your own website so that there is as web presence and then you can start bidding on various platforms as mentioned by other users in this forum.

You can continue for some time in this manner and when you have build some reputation and clients then you can take the shape of a company, it will be mandatory if you want to pitch and work on big size projects.

Cheers,

~Maneet

Hi everyone, I have done training on web designing and have some skills in graphic design too. I had been thinking of joining a company but then I heard my colleagues talking about freelance jobs. I am not sure about this; they say it is good option. I had taken some information from them, but would like to know more about this.

Thanks in advance for any useful information.

Depends on your circumstances, id say being a freelancer you can be profitable in the long term and generate more revenue than joining a company. But you need to be established, and that unfortunately takes time. Having a portfolio is a good idea to start with.

Or you can join a company in the short term, get some good experience and you can also increase your portfolio at the same time as well. Then you'd be established by that time and can then start freelancing.

All the best and good luck in the future

Regards
George

a collection of portfolio is what you need. You can display it with a blogger blogs if you are going to do some freelance at freelance sites but if you want more serious jobs then get a domain and hosting

The freelance sites are getting flooded with newcomers. The already established businesses are the ones getting the contracts, I would try and network your way into a freelance position.

MI
Back