The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Need some guidance from the pros please

jeffl1107

affiliate
Linda wanted me to post this here to see if you guys could help me get things rolling.

I joined your list a few weeks ago. I am new to this and I just dont know where to go from here. I want to be an affiliate but dont know which way to go. I tried a few tests with no sucess. It was with clickbank with a music download site and a satellite tv to pc place.
I do modular office construction by trade and have a website geared towards that.
But I did the above tests with no website. All I did was use google adwords to try and generate sales.
I was wondering if you could give me any advice as to what to do. I know html and have no problems building my own site if that is something that I need to do.
Thanks for any help you could give me.
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I've answered this question many times but have not located the posts.
I have a tech problem on one of my sites so can't dig too much right now.

Here are a couple good threads to get you started.

In a nutshell, 1st step is to find a good niche. CB is the WORST place to start for MANY reasons IMHO.

Finding Hot Niches - Tons of Free tips and tools
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=2390&highlight=n00b

If You HAD to Start Over - What would you do Different???
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?t=2251

The first step to making money with Affiliate Marketing is to read and learn about it. One thing to remember is that Affiliate Marketing can be slow at making money when you first start out.

Ok, well let me get reading then. I am willing to do whatever necessary to make this work. Just have to make time to learn about it. Thanks!

Hi Jeff

I know the music download sites on Clickbank as far as I am concerned are a hard sell because people are looking for free music because they have been able to get it that way through online piracy.

My suggestion is to create a small website with an optin form. Start up a newsletter or look for free ebooks that you can give to people who give you their name and email address.

You can find many Free ebooks to do this I believe the Warrior forum has a section for this. Most of the ebooks that are free mean they are viral and brandable where you can place your affiliate links in them.

The key here is you need to start building relationships because the money is truly in the list.

I hope this helps

Lynn :)

Just a bit of warning. I would stay away from most if not all of the music site offered through the clickbank affiliate program. PSP Blender is being labled as a scam and others has or are being labled also. Once they get labeled as a scam, they are hard as heck to promote and sell. There are other music download sites you can promote but like Lynn said, it's hard to promote and sell these types of programs or website signups. People will go and get the music through a pirate site and you won't make any money.

Good luck my friend.

Thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to have to start fresh and go with some better places. Where do you guys suggest I go for affiliate signups.
Like CJ or Linkshare. They looked pretty good.
Hey Ernest, I couldnt find the book you were talking about. How do I find it. It looks as though I need to learn more about how this works. I guess I just thought I could signup with a couple of places as an affiliate and put up some adwords ads and wait for the money to roll in. Guess it isnt that easy.

Jeff, you can sign up with both Linkshare and CJ. I have both, I don't use them much but I do promote a few things in both.

The e-books are every where. I can't post any names here because they can be considered spamming or marketing. I'm not about that. Do a search a Google for "how to become and affiliate marketer" you will find ton of stuff. There's a bunch of articles on the google site when you do a search. Read them and learn. Some are great to learn from while others are not so good.

Also do a search here. Look at peoples signatures people have some great advice in their signatures. There's a bunch of advice here and other places.

CJ is going to be tough, esp. for someone starting out. If you're new to the whole industry, it is a whole lot better to go with a smaller network that will give you personalized advice and guidance. Good luck!

I agree that CJ is probably not the best place to begin.

Follow the advice that Linda gave about finding your market first and then go about finding your product(s)

Just my $0.02

I have found the quickest way to get started is through some Pay Per Lead programs (like MaxBounty). They can get you an initial influx of cash that you can use to build upon. A lot of the offers are free trials which if you find the right audience, are very easy to convert.

MI
Back