The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Need Help With Sweepstakes Offers

RyanB87

Hi, I am just starting out as an Affiliate Marketer and would like some advice on sweepstakes offers please. Just a few questions, 1. How would I go about creating a title for these offers, as networks don't allow the words free, gift, win, giveaway etc. 2. If I am doing an offer from foriegn countries like Norway and Sweden, do I have to translate the wording to that specific country? This would be for Search PPC. I am thinking about advertising sweepstake/coupon offers on Facebook, but not sure if I should do Desktop, Mobile or do both? I hope this isn't too much to ask. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi!

1. Yes, a word "free" is forbidden, but you can make very attractive landers still! Let users know that they have "a chance to win", don't give promises.

2. Yes, you should translate, and there are special tools for this, as for example One hour translation - The World's Leading Translation Service . One hour translation is a paid one, but you have real native speakers translating, so your creatives will send a correct message. So here I would go further than Google Translator :)

3. Regarding desktop or mobile it depends on the offer, but I would say that mobile work better with sweepstakes. You could start with both and make a test, to understand which one is better for the offer you run.

Hope it helps!
Cheers

Okay, thanks for your advice. I have looked on OfferVault and seen most of the Networks already have the offer itself translated, but I wanted to make sure if the ad I would create for the offer still needs to be translated, (i.e. the ad title and display website) or if the search traffic like Facebook or Bing would do this automatically? I'm sure I will have more questions about Affiliate Marketing, but this forum and it's users are helping out a lot.

...I wanted to make sure if the ad I would create for the offer still needs to be translated, (i.e. the ad title and display website) or if the search traffic like Facebook or Bing would do this automatically?

Hey Ryan, yes, you should translate it still.. it is more personalized for the audience you are targeting.

And feel free to ask as many questions as you need, this forum is for you to learn :)

Thanks again for your advice. With sweepstake offers, should I build a landing page to build an email list or just create a landing page with instructions for the customer to complete the offer? My thinking is that if I do offers for English speaking countries, I can then offer them other sweepstake or similar offers specific to their country and build a list of subscribers? Also my testing budget for this would be £5.00 daily on Facebook. Do you think this would be suitable?

Depending on what is the last step a user till conversion. If you create an LP asking them to write their email, and then they are being redirected to the offer, which again, asks for the email - most probably you won't get many conversions. Try to make it as easy as possible, better if user takes very few steps to convert.

Regarding 5 pounds/day budget -if you are working through the "boost post" on facebook group, taking into account your targeting, when you select daily budget, it will show you "estimated people reach" - higher bid, larger reach.

On the other side, if your post gets big amount of impressions, your costs will decrease. So you can start, and see how it goes after all.

Hi again. I have now joined your network, but would like to ask a few questions about some of the features you have. For instance, can you give me information about the Smartlink and how to use it. Also, I know you have many mobile offers, but would like to know if I can promote the offers you have on desktop as well?
Although I have asked you a few questions before about sweepstakes etc, I don't really know where to start, but I have just read your recent article about advertising on Facebook, which has been very helpful. I am on a tight budget, but I am determined to be successfull in the long run. If you can also give me any advice about where to start with your network, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey Ryan!

Unfortunately we don't have desktop offers, since we specialize in Mobile. Although our offers receive desktop traffic too.
As you probably saw, there are 4 types of Smartlink available on our platform: Mainstream, CPI Mainstream, Mainstream Incent, and Adult. These are the verticals that you can work with. The platform generates a link for you, that you can promote through banner display, redirect, overlay, and pop under. When you start promoting, algorithm automatically determines the segment of your user (country, OS, carrier and device used) and shows the best offer for him. By the best offer I mean the one with the highest EPC (revenue per 100 clicks).

Normally you don't know which offer is shown, although you know which segments perform better, and can bring traffic particularly from that segment.

Regarding tight budget - how "tight" is it? :) We need to understand what can you use as a traffic source, in order to find best offers or segments for Smartlink for you.

Also, have you contacted our support team? They are online every day, and are available in a chat of your Mobidea Account. They are super responsive and have all the info you are looking for ;)

Last edited:
Thanks again for your advice. So with Smartlink, do you still have to pick an offer to promote? Well, the budget I can afford at the moment is going to be around $25 per day. If I can get a good return on a campain, then I will reinvest to scale etc. In your network, there is also an opportunities section. Does this involve the Smartlink? You have been very helpful so far, it's just a lot to take in, as I am a beginner. I will definetly get in contact with support.

With the Smartlink you don't have to pick any offer, since it picks one automatically :)
Opportunities surely do involve Smartlink, we normally post TOP segments that you can target with your Smartlink in order to get the most of it! For example this week the TOP segment looks like this:
I7mjj-uwZ2I.jpg

We send this information to your email every week if you subscribe, and also post it on social media like Facebook :)

Please, contact our support, they are very dedicated and will answer all your questions in more details!

Thank you for explaining everything. You have been very helpful. Do I get an Affiliate Manager for myself, or is just a support team, which I can get advice about offers etc?

Thank you for explaining everything. You have been very helpful. Do I get an Affiliate Manager for myself, or is just a support team, which I can get advice about offers etc?

For now only the support team, and later you might get an AM. Support team knows a lot, and they are very responsive, so go for it!

For now only the support team, and later you might get an AM. Support team knows a lot, and they are very responsive, so go for it!

Thanks. I spoke to Claudia, who is on the support team, very helpful and put up with me for over an hour :) I know now what I am going to do and also have some other ideas.

MI
Back