The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Need help with site move.

Midlandi

affiliate
Those of you who know me know the site I am talking of ( i dont feel it right to link it)
What I am doing is moving the forum back to a forum.mysite.com and the resources area back to the main site.
Anyone who can quote for this please?

Skinner is probably your man, send him a pm. BTW, why are you moving it back to a sub domain? think you should leave it as it is

The main reason for moving is that the way it was before both areas got decent traffic and PR.
The way it is now the forum is the only area that gets traffic.
When this first started the main point of the site was resources and I want to return,improve and concentrate on that, I beleive the forum will survive as a sub domain provided the time and effort is still spent on it.

Did you ever considered moving it to the subfolder (domain/forum) instead of subdomain (forum.domain)?

I think you may get better benefit from PR and SERP's point of view...

Did you ever considered moving it to the subfolder (domain/forum) instead of subdomain (forum.domain)?

I think you may get better benefit from PR and SERP's point of view...

I had, but I was under the impression that having a sub domain was the better option.

Shouldn't be difficult. Depends, you may have to edit config.php and your htaccess file. If you wish, just upload a fresh install and move your theme if it is custom made.

Regards,
Meti

MI
Back