The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Need advice

Y

yvesfra

I have a online booking system for hotel, I sold it years myself, using the classic way : going to the customers, meet him ..... Now I want to sell it worldwide using affiliates.

I beleive that my part of work (techniical and customer support) is 50% of the success, the affiliates part (bring customers) is the next 50%. So, commission should reflect that. 50% for my company, 50% for the sellers/affiliates for all transactions of each customers.

My first question is the pricing logic. This depend of 3 opinions.

1/ The customer : How much he is ready to pay for the product, the "Right price". and also how he will pay.

2/ The company that sell the product (need to live and grow from the sells of this product).

3/ The affiliate/seller that bring customers.

You, as affiliate, what do you beleive is the best FOR YOU:

1/ A big amount (setup) at the selling then a very small amount each year (type hosting). So big reward first, then quite nothing.

2/ A smaller amount that is recurring each year. Smaller reward but reccuring each year.

3/ Anything else? Any idea are greatly appreciated.:)

As an affiliate Marketer, the decision is made based on a number of factors. I could write a very long response but here is my answer in a nutshell.

I have marketed and received large one time payments and been on rev share, depending on the product/services made.

Subsequently, I have been on the other end of the spectrum offering both One Time payouts and Rev Share (usually for life). Have done well on both. The amount payed on each model depends on a number of fators, including but not limited to type of market, competition, what affiliates are wanting to promote etc.

You have to REALLY do your due diligience on what to offer, alot of it has to do with what you can live with, afford and what makes sense etc.

Advantages for a Publisher of One Time payouts is the revenue generated internally on repeat purchases. If your confident people will purchase again, you will like this model. Cons, depending on the product and frequency, is you must normally offer a high amount to attract affiliates. As a marketer, the cons are you always wonder about true numbers on high payouts. How honest are your programs being with you? Conversion ratio has alot to do weith this as well, therefore you must make it worthwhile for each sale for an affiliate marketer to even look at it.

The Revshare model is generally the most sound and less complex way for both marketers and publishers. Generally less "funny" business is going on here. Again it all depends on the product here. Is it a one time purchase thing? (i.e. novelty items or impulse items, like fads or excersize items) or is the instance of repeat business likely (business cards?)

The answer is there is no simple answer or effective way of answering this. I would suggest you do your Due Diligence (study competitors offers) and once you know what you can live with offer both a Per Sale option and a Revsahre option. Make sure they are both attractive, make sure your sites convert and let the affilaites decide which one to promote!
For your product, wha

Thank you very much for your advice.

Yes, you 're true, instead to 'brainstorm' to try to guest the best solution for others, give choices and let them decide what is better for them...

Thanks again.

banners
Back