The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Need a php help

3wlink

affiliate
Hi,
I'm developing a site where user can create a folder(e.g, myfolder), then upload a .zip/.rar/.tar file(like- tems.rar) there and press submit. Then the uploaded .zip/.rar/.tar file will be uncompressed in the 'myfolder'.

Is there anybody who can help me in solving the problem? Desperately need the solution. :(

Reza
3wlink.com

This is potentially a security nightmare for your server, you actually need to talk to your server hosting company as most servers disable executable files like .zip from running on a web server. I could be wrong so if anyone knows differently I will like to learn how as well.

This is potentially a security nightmare for your server, you actually need to talk to your server hosting company as most servers disable executable files like .zip from running on a web server. I could be wrong so if anyone knows differently I will like to learn how as well.
I think you are right on the money.

I know that there is a way of doing it, I just don't know how. SMF uses a similar script to upload and unpack mods and plug-ins. So far, the script has worked on every server I've ever tried it on. It uses Gzip compression typically, and the unpacking can be done from a browser window.

banners
Back