The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Native Mobile Arbitrary?

ibadullah

affiliate
Hello,

I am new here, I was wondering how people are doing arbitrary for the mobile platform and making ROI, I have tried myself, but I can't generate ROI from a mobile platform.
Anyone here has any experience about this, how can we do arbitrage for mobile websites? How can we monetize and where to buy traffic to have good ROI.
Thank you.

I am not surprised it's difficult to sell a mobile user but I do think you need to sell mobile user what they will buy.

That said, most of the hype for mobile that makes sense is the location specific marketing uses and convenience uses related to the mobile user's daily activities. Think Uber or scanned airline boarding passes, that was mandatory (almost) for my flight from Vienna a couple of years ago.

Also, retail store email coupons and you can scan them from your phone at the check-out line (save a tree -- no paper) and save time too.

But every day people do buy things. I would like to have access to some hard data from large mainstream ecommerce sellers as to the actual percentages as well as the actual dollar volume and profit margins on mobile v. desktop/tablet transactions -- instead of the mindless repetition of hearsay (bullshit).

From my own experience in adult webcams a mobile buyer acquisition is worth 18% of a desktop acquisition. However, what is very hard to calculate is the crossover between devices. How many people will use several devices on your website's content. e.g.; making plans or shopping on their mobile phone then making actual purchase on a desktop PC?

All of this relates to first world nations.^^^

In second world nations there are many fewer desktops in use. There is less money spent per person. the Internet is a series of apps they use not so much the WWW/website. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media are the Internet -- so the monetization tactics are very different.

As for ad arbitrage: you need traffic to sell display ads or popunders -- were does it come from?

Free sites exist on selling traffic ... figure it out.

Also there is ROI and there is ROMI. ROMI (return on marketing investment) can be an investment in traffic to some long term end goal. ROI is more cut and dry: I spent $X on advertising today and my return on today's direct spend was $Z. Or week, month or quarter -- ROI is often short term accounting.

How do you measure crossover device spending or the value of top-of-mind branding -- with great difficulty

Last edited:
MI
Back