The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

my site wont show up on google

bfc5084

affiliate
i made a site recently and i submitted it to all the search engines a while back..I still cant find it on the search engines i have meta tags, titles, everything. i dont understand..

Hi bfc5084,

How long is awhile ago? Do you have any backlinks?
When you type in your exact site name does it come up in Google?
It's just when you search for your main keywords you can find it?
Are your keywords super competitive?

FYI engines especially Google like it better if they find your site on their own through links, so submitting directly is not really advised. Don't keep submitting, just work on getting inbound links. (Targeted links)

Sometimes new site get sandboxed or buried in the serps for awhile,
so just keep working on link building and it will probably come up eventually.

Doesn't matter how well you SEOed your site or if you've submitted it to google. If you don't have backlinks, it won't be indexed by search engine.

That's not necessarily true. My Hubpages were doing very well just because of where they were, with no backlinks at all. Google had a love affair with Hubpages at the time.

80% of my traffic comes from search engines, and the only backlinks I know I have are crosslinks from my other postings.

Google is going through a transition right now, and a lot of sites are disappearing. It's probably temporary. They changed their algorithms a while ago, and I think they're still tweaking them.

I Googled "Hillary Clinton" to get news articles three times the other day before the news part came up at the top. Then it had 584 related articles. So how come it missed that twice?

I'm telling you, it's just tweaking.

Doesn't matter how well you SEOed your site or if you've submitted it to google. If you don't have backlinks, it won't be indexed by search engine.

That is not correct at all. You can submit your site to the search engines and then they will crawl you, even without backlinks.

Backlinks are a good way to get crawled naturally, but make sure they are quality. You also don't want to just start a site and all of the sudden have a million links either. The SEs will know you are spamming them.

One thing you may want to do is to submit a few press releases with links to your site in them to help the engines find you easier and faster, but they will get to you within a reasonable amount of time if you have submitted them. Just be patient.

Also, to see if you have pages indexed, but not in results yet, do a site search, i.e.

in Google, type:

site:yourdomainnamehere.com

and you will see what the engine has indexed so far. A lot of times though the pages may be indexed but will not start showing up for a few months.

Patience is key.

I would suggest to the OP to start building backlinks - directories, blogs, SB sites, forums, etc. Submitting your site to Google and other big SE's will take longer. Build more backlinks and let the SE bots find your site.

It might be your site is way back on seach engine, so you have to go for Seo ship for that and use your site's name in search and then look up the other sites that what meta tags they are using.

You should wait a while before your site gets indexed. I've waited about 3 weeks to happen :) And that may be of the million submissions Google gets a day...

Optimize your Website...

Hi,

I think search engines also consider the amount of traffic to the particular site and also the number of back-links to a site before indexing it, So check if you have done any link building to the site.
And also the on-page factors are also important for the site to get indexed. So try optimizing your site on-page and also off-page.

McCain.

"FYI engines especially Google like it better if they find your site on their own through links, so submitting directly is not really advised. Don't keep submitting, just work on getting inbound links. (Targeted links)"

This is the first thing I thought of too Linda. I tell my students, a few who use Site Build It, to NEVER do that.

You can get indexed in 24 hours without doing it that way.

OK, I tested it with a blog and a website but I forget the website one it was very long ago.

The blog, all you do is subscribe to your own feed in all the major SE readers they offer. Yahoo's, MSN's, Google's.

That's it for the indexing part. The getting backlinks is the real fun.

Sheree

MI
Back