Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

"My Site Is Gone!"

D

djbaxter

My Site Is Gone!
by Jonathan Leger
July 19, 2010

Yesterday your site was in the top 5 results in Google for your keywords. Today your site is nowhere to be found. You spent the last week building new links to your site. Did you overdo it? Did you "break the rules"? What happened!?!

First, take a deep breath and relax.

Good.

Now, let's talk about why this happens, why you usually shouldn't worry about it, and when you should.

Read full article

I had a new site at the beginning of the year - and it was ranked #1 on the second page. Then it dropped off the radar.

I didn't worry about it - but I did stop backlinking. Two months later, it came back up to #11. Then last week it hopped to #6 on the first page and doubled my search traffic from Google.

So - my site is living testimony that when a site drops off - it does come back from the dead.

That was also happened to my client site.. It always fluctuating, from 9 to 10, till it gone.. after 1 week it came back.. But the sad thing is that my client stop my service because she thought that it would never come back.. :(

I had a new site at the beginning of the year - and it was ranked #1 on the second page. Then it dropped off the radar.

I didn't worry about it - but I did stop backlinking. Two months later, it came back up to #11. Then last week it hopped to #6 on the first page and doubled my search traffic from Google.

So - my site is living testimony that when a site drops off - it does come back from the dead.

I hate it when I drop off Google from top rankings, but it's inevitable. Happens to every site at least once in a while. Just focus on quality, don't panic and throw random backlinks and site restructures just beccause of the traffic drop, Google will come back if site has quality content.

"It might seem like Google's goal is to give you a heart attack"

That's funny but I can very much relate to this feeling. In my experience, significant movement in search results happen once every 2 months. The Google dance is more of a reshuffling. I notice this happens often now. I don't think we will have to start over again. We will simply receive a different ranking until the next reshuffling.

"It might seem like Google's goal is to give you a heart attack"

That's funny but I can very much relate to this feeling. In my experience, significant movement in search results happen once every 2 months. The Google dance is more of a reshuffling. I notice this happens often now. I don't think we will have to start over again. We will simply receive a different ranking until the next reshuffling.
Google is working on something very big I think. For my keywords search results have been fluctuating between 300.000 and 900.000 during the day. Anyone knows what's going on behind the scenes?

Oh yeah, I've come to expect this over the years. You need to have success with a good number of keywords to diversify your risk.

Thank you very much for this minstrel. I was ranking for number 1# in a few pages that were getting me constant traffic, then suddenly my site drops off. I came back up two weeks later and then i built more links and its back off again. Don't know how long it will take this time but i've been slowly adding more pages and backlinks. Im not getting discouraged though because im starting to see really good results from my article marketing and get a lot of traffic there. Hopefully it won't be long now till i have a success story ;)

I think this is the time you can go on and "prove" Google your worthiness therefore I think you are doing the right thing there. Don't give up and give us an update! Cheers. Laura

I can 2nd that.. I had some pages vanish too only to come back about 5 weeks later. I think Google does this to see if you stop your campaign on link builds. If you dont, I think they feel the links are legit..JMHO

This have happened to a few of my sites. I just keep at it as usual and soon the sites appear again. Frustrating but usually not a big problem.

banners
Back