The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My results are from COD Offer?

shafi kasmani

Last few months I experienced cod offers! My result were leads for 30% approved 70% cancelled on Bing and native ads!

Google AdWords - 50% approved leads and 50% cancelled

Bing ads - it is same as AdWords but not boost impression

Native ads - 20% to 30% approved and 70% to 80% cancelled

But not sure about pop ad network

Did you experienced cod offers? What about you?

But is your ROI positive or negative? I saw on AdCombo's blog I think some case studies and people are making money even with a high percentage of cancellations.

I'm not focused on COD offers, it's not my thing, but I've tested some offers on display (desktop traffic) and if it weren't the cancellations I would be very happy. I made small profits with some campaigns but I was losing a lot with the majority of them.

I'm sure on pop traffic the sale/cancelled ratio would be higher, but the traffic may be cheaper so it could work.

I'm curious did you try desktop or mobile traffic? If both, which one worked better for you. I might make another try on mobile traffic.

But is your ROI positive or negative? I saw on AdCombo's blog I think some case studies and people are making money even with a high percentage of cancellations.

I'm not focused on COD offers, it's not my thing, but I've tested some offers on display (desktop traffic) and if it weren't the cancellations I would be very happy. I made small profits with some campaigns but I was losing a lot with the majority of them.

I'm sure on pop traffic the sale/cancelled ratio would be higher, but the traffic may be cheaper so it could work.

I'm curious did you try desktop or mobile traffic? If both, which one worked better for you. I might make another try on mobile traffic.

Thank you for your results!

If direct sale page offer then better desktop than mobile device
If prelanding offer then mobile device

Last few months I experienced cod offers! My result were leads for 30% approved 70% cancelled on Bing and native ads!

Did you experienced cod offers? What about you?

Hi there!

On a personal experience as an Affiliate Manager, I can say that even though the source of traffic may influence and may affect the approval rate. We have to take into consideration the offer country or the GEO to which the traffic is sent as the main reason to why approval rates may vary. It is common to see low approval rates in Asia due to the market conduct for example;

Green Coffee Organic- IN has an approval of 32.09%
Vejin Jel- TR has an approval rate of 38.88 %

While offers in Europe have higher approval rates such as;

Prostect-Ro 70.20 %
Fleekosteel-BA 75%

I recommend you always consult with your AM to have more insight of the statistics before sending traffic.

Hi there!

On a personal experience as an Affiliate Manager, I can say that even though the source of traffic may influence and may affect the approval rate. We have to take into consideration the offer country or the GEO to which the traffic is sent as the main reason to why approval rates may vary. It is common to see low approval rates in Asia due to the market conduct for example;

Green Coffee Organic- IN has an approval of 32.09%
Vejin Jel- TR has an approval rate of 38.88 %

While offers in Europe have higher approval rates such as;

Prostect-Ro 70.20 %
Fleekosteel-BA 75%

I recommend you always consult with your AM to have more insight of the statistics before sending traffic.

Yes It is perfect! I use Europe then better ROI!

On a personal experience as an Affiliate Manager, I can say that even though the source of traffic may influence and may affect the approval rate.

What can you tell regarding canceled sales. My AM said people don't answer the phone. Don't answer because they don't want, there are fake phone numbers, people are making jokes using friends' numbers...

I've tried male enhancements offers in Europe and to tell you the truth I don't know if I can optimize the campaigns with the data I have. When you have 5 months in a row, every month 10 sales and 20 canceled for a placement what does it mean? People canged their minds? Kids making jokes with friends' numbers? ... Can you make this placement profitable? Currently I'm in red for many placements with this kind of stats (x sales and double the number of canceled) and I'm changing banners and LPs every week trying to make it work. With 20-30% more approvals I'd be in green.

Thanks!

Hi there,

It is common to get orders pass from "holds" to "canceled" for a number of reasons just like your AM mentioned, once again i guess it all depends on the market conduct. Sometime people just fill in the details to see how the order works or how far they can get, so once they receive the phone call, they might not pick up. You shouldn't hesitate to ask your AM why your holds were canceled or placed in trash.

But I guess that should not affect you being able to optimize your campaign, you are still gathering information and generating leads and on the other hand it proves that potential customers are finding your teasers and banners are attractive. Changing banners and LPs is allowed by recommend you don't do it frequently or until you notice your traffic and leads have dropped in number, which in that case its time to innovate or refresh your image.

The approval rate is a very important indicator, it provides you with concrete statistics as to whether your offer is recomendable to run or not, but it doesn't dictate a "very" or the "most" important factor on which your campaign depends on like the ROI. The return on investment is where your main attention should go to, that is what tell you how profitable your campaign has been.

Some regions have low approval rates like I mentioned before, for Asia this is an average approval so I guess it's not bad, now if those results appear in European countries like GR, IT, RO, NL and BE, then I'll recommend you to take action. I also noticed that based on the amount of sales you are generating its pretty normal, once you hit a hundred sales a month than yes, your approval rate becomes more of an important factor. Another thing you might want to take into consideration is the offer in general, some male enhancement offers might not be doing as well as orders and that can also lead you to average sales.

PS: Always get more insight from your AM

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back