The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

My journey to find mobile success

Update:
So I've let my campaign to continue running and have been getting pretty good results for now.

Broke even on certain days, while profiting on others.

What I've been doing:
1. Cutting out landing pages that were not converting and rotating the ones that were converting with different layouts to avoid 'banner blindness'
2. Cutting out non-profitable redirects
3. Adjusting my bids to find a right balance where I can get traffic but still keep costs low

Revenue: $88.65
Cost: $61.75
Profit: $26.90

Congrats, man! It`s Zeropark? With StartApp you haven`t succes, right?

Hey man, sorry but I'm not revealing my traffic sources for now ;)

Anyway, latest update:

The last 3 days have been really good for me! I finally was able to make profit and yesterday, I hit my first $50 profit/day!

So these are my stats for the last 3 days:
upload_2014-11-17_12-14-58.png

What I've done to get this:
1. Expanded the geos for the offer that I'm running. I am currently running the same type of offer across 3-4 geos and testing to see which geos are converting well.
2. Paused campaigns that are not converting. I initially had a campaign that was converting every day but for some reason, it stopped converting over the last 3 days. I've tried rotating and updating my landing pages to improve my CTR but it still did not convert. So I decided to pause that campaign for now while I focus on the ones that are converting.

Next steps:
1. I need to learn how to optimize my campaigns by cutting out non-converting targets.
2. Identify 1-2 more angles to use and creating new LP layouts for them.
3. Learn to scale the offers to other geos and other traffic sources.

Update:
Just when I thought I was on a roll, all 6 of my campaigns stopped converting. This are my stats for the last 3 days:
upload_2014-11-20_9-7-57.png

I don't know what else to do. All my campaigns were converting well before this.
I've tried to increase my bid so that I stayed within the top 2 of my traffic source, as well as cutting out the non-converting targets. I've also tried to introduce a new lander.

Any advice guys?

Check if the conversions are not being delayed a little by the CPA network.
Sometimes the advertisers change the landers or the conversion flow and it affects the results overnight.

Update:
Just when I thought I was on a roll, all 6 of my campaigns stopped converting. This are my stats for the last 3 days:
View attachment 3777

I don't know what else to do. All my campaigns were converting well before this.
I've tried to increase my bid so that I stayed within the top 2 of my traffic source, as well as cutting out the non-converting targets. I've also tried to introduce a new lander.

Any advice guys?

Banner Blindness maybe?

Here is a question that has been bothering me for a while. Most of the mobile traffic sources have limited reach. Decisive for instance, the same list of sites and app shows up over and over. What happens when all the users have seen your ad?

I think you should try a new traffic source. Chalres NGO says "The big money is in expanding to new traffic sources no one's in. "

Check if the conversions are not being delayed a little by the CPA network.
Sometimes the advertisers change the landers or the conversion flow and it affects the results overnight.

Don't think so, I am running the same vertical but across different advertisers and geos. Plus it's been 3 days and I haven't had any conversions recorded by my ad network.

Banner Blindness maybe?

Here is a question that has been bothering me for a while. Most of the mobile traffic sources have limited reach. Decisive for instance, the same list of sites and app shows up over and over. What happens when all the users have seen your ad?

I think you should try a new traffic source. Chalres NGO says "The big money is in expanding to new traffic sources no one's in. "

I thought about banner blindness so I've actually been rotating my LPs every other day with different layouts. Plus I'm getting about 40-60% CTR from LP to offer page, so my landers are definitely working but for some reason, they don't convert.

I'm looking for other traffic sources but haven't had any luck

These are my CTR stats for the last 3 days for this one campaign that was converting well for me before. Those landers helped me make $140 in revenue in the first few days of running it, but for some reason..stopped converting after that.

upload_2014-11-20_12-26-55.png

Talk to your AM and ask him what is going wrong, everything seems to stopped working all of sudden without any reason. If that doesn't work out after 2-3 days more, then i would suggest you to put it on pause for a while and start with a new campaign. Best of luck mate.

Hey bro ,
Be carefull, i have realised this industry is very shady.. I caught my offer owners stealing from me.
I only realised this when my affiliate manger from network sent me email with landers to use. she told me
That the advertiser asked her to give it out to 4 affiliates who's traffic was converting well and i was among.

when i confronted her(AM) and told her 3 of the 4 were my landers she told me that the advertiser asked her to give them out and that she did not know they were affiliate landers(lies) which is not true since the offer requested my tracking links from her to pull up the landers.

I still continued running the offer after they promised me they will not give out my landers again and bc i was already profitable but lately every new traffic source i try to scale to, i run profitable for a few days and then everything just dies out so i don't know if they can see my traffic source too .

Just be careful out there , stay strong and keep the hustle!

Thanks bro!

Not much update on my end. My campaigns have been a roller coaster ride. One day I'm making $15-$30 profit, next day I'm down $15-$30..lol

Hey bro ,
Be carefull, i have realised this industry is very shady.. I caught my offer owners stealing from me.
I only realised this when my affiliate manger from network sent me email with landers to use. she told me
That the advertiser asked her to give it out to 4 affiliates who's traffic was converting well and i was among.

when i confronted her(AM) and told her 3 of the 4 were my landers she told me that the advertiser asked her to give them out and that she did not know they were affiliate landers(lies) which is not true since the offer requested my tracking links from her to pull up the landers.

I still continued running the offer after they promised me they will not give out my landers again and bc i was already profitable but lately every new traffic source i try to scale to, i run profitable for a few days and then everything just dies out so i don't know if they can see my traffic source too .

Just be careful out there , stay strong and keep the hustle!
Take Screenshots of your Landers instead of sending them a link.

If they want the actual lander link, they better give you a good reason. And if a network did that to me, I would reevaluate whether or not I want to work with them unless there is something special keeping you there.

Take Screenshots of your Landers instead of sending them a link.

If they want the actual lander link, they better give you a good reason. And if a network did that to me, I would reevaluate whether or not I want to work with them unless there is something special keeping you there.

I don't know which network you're running but the ones I'm with, they make me send the live link to my LP. So I don't really have much of a choice.

Any update brother?
I wish I had good news to report but I've hit a wall with my campaigns. They've stopped converting and I can't figure out why. At the moment I'm still letting my campaigns run but at the same time, I'm working on trying to come up with new angles for my LPs.

I might also try different geos so I'm hoping to get them translated this weekend once my LPs are ready.

Thats where i differ.
If I'm spending $15 to get one conversion for $1 then i would pullout the offer and the campaign.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates. But I've been busy with real life work, a wife and a kid, plus the holiday season.

So a quick update:
I've found a couple of profitable campaigns and I've been trying to optimize by cutting out bad placements. Tested it for while and it stayed profitable so now I'm trying to research to find similar traffic sources as the one I've been using. I found one that's been pretty good so I'm learning it. Just started running it the last couple of days and it's given me a couple of conversions that's profitable. Only problem is that there isn't that much volume in the geo I'm trying to run.

Also, I've been trying to run other verticals like sweeps. Figured I tried to cash in on the Christmas mood but I broke even on it. Also lost some money when testing out new geos.

But this is my best campaign so far that I'm trying to optimize and scale.
3a73a4a9d1d108d527a3492521dece04.png

Hey guys,

Was contemplating for a couple of days about whether or not to create an online journal - mainly because I was afraid that I would embarrass myself if I don't have any success to show like some of the other guys here.

But after thinking long and hard, I finally decided that having an online journal and potentially having hundreds of people reading this will only bring more good than bad to me.

"What do you do when you fall, you pick yourself up"

So why do I want to do this?
1. To keep me accountable so that I stick with my goals/targets. I want to be able to look back at this thread 3 months/6 months/1 year down the road and see how far I've gone.
2. I want you guys to criticize the shit out of me if I'm doing something wrong. I know this industry is really competitive and people don't share or talk much, but I've seen you guys being really helpful too. So please, do let me know if I'm doing things right or wrong.
3. If I do achieve success, I hope that this thread will inspire others. You have no idea how many times I've felt demotivated after making a loss and then coming into this forum and seeing other people's success stories. "If they can do it, I can do it too."

What are my goals?
Short term - 1 month - $10 profit/day
Medium term - 3 months - $100 profit/day
Medium to long term - 6 months - $500 profit/day
Long term - 1 year - $1000 profit/day

What have I done so far?
I started affiliate marketing with Facebook, ran for about 3 months before deciding to switch to mobile in June. Took me about a month to read up on it and finally ran my first mobile campaign some time in June/July.
Still have not found success to this date.

I was running mostly pin submit offers with a focus on antivirus offers and sweeps.

What am I doing differently this time?
After months without success, I'm going to try something totally different. This time I'm going to try to run CPI offers with a focus on utility apps. Reason I didn't do this earlier was because I was turned off by the low payout. But at this stage, I'm willing to try anything. I still like running antivirus offers so I'll still run them occasionally.

Current campaign
Offer: CPI Utility App
Payout: $0.25

I am testing this offer by running 2 types of campaigns.
Campaign 1: Direct link with banners provided by the advertiser
Campaign 2: Still using the banners provided by the advertiser + LP

Traffic sources: Tapit and SmartApp (as recommended by @shreedharcva)

Just submitted both campaigns for approval so I will update again tomorrow once they're approved and I start getting some traffic in.
I just saw this post and I have "Information Overload" ..... Dude I'm so trying to dive in but keep putting off. I have my main business and many loose ends I feel Inhave to tie up. Everyday another comes untied. I guess I have to just deal with it and dive in.
Here is a guide I just found and read. I went to Kinkos and had 2 Printed & Binded for $300....lol
Here ha go.... "Mobi Manafesto.....
Dropbox - MobiTrak V2 - Very Rare
Short and long versions.... Read the Part 2.... It's from my personal Dropbox link.
Enjoy.
I'm stuck in the same boat, no oars..... $35k in the bank to work with of disposable cash just don't have a good starting point I feel comfortable with.
Hope that link helps
Victor
PS-
Merry Xmas

Wrong Choice of APP, dont know when you guys will learn at all.

If you want to promote App Install Offers, follow my crazy rules.

1. Never select those shitty below dollar apps, that every tom dick n harry choses. Be Unique.
2. Never compromise on the click costs, if your cpc is $0.01 then atleast you should get one conversion in 100 clicks or $1 spend. Then CPI value must be above $1.
3. No Use of LP, only banners.

Its not SmartApp, its STARTAPP.
LOL, wish to laugh, but your advice is really great for that guy.

MI
Back