The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My Journey to $200.00 /day Bing PPC

Wow I really enjoyed reading your latest post man! I really hope you succeed and I cannot wait till I build up a sufficient budget to do the same ;)

Great thread @RyanH, appreciate all the detailed info, insights AND your holistic approach around motivation/commitment to succeeding. I too had a similar insight recently (although I'm 34).

Will be watching the thread and looking forward to more updates!

!Update! - 4

Website Speed

Remember when I started off this vertical saying I was using instabuilder 2.0? Yeeeeahhh...no. Turns out, that shit is slow. How slow Ryan? Yeah...hella slow. Even with my VPS. So I hit up my super duper secret weapon and got my wordpress site optimized into a better letter grade according to google pagespeed insights. I also cross checked it with pingdom speed test, gtmetrix, and web page test to make sure I'm on the up and up. It's running at twice the speed it was before.

So how did I do it?

1. Fiverr.com optimization package (any will probably do)
  2. Exported my instabuilder landing page as a single file .html page and uploaded that manually onto my VPS and updated the new lander links in CPV Labs.
Since my offer only allows US traffic, I don't really see the point in using a content delivery network at this juncture. When I promote other offers that allow international traffic, I'll use a CDN so the landers can load much closer to wherever the user is located.

I'm a fan of @Mr.Z 's thread about his journey to making 5 figures a month in 10 months. I like the meticulous planning he uses when considering speed and the various metrics and data to account for. It's currently a very popular thread so if you haven't checked it out yet, do so now.

Bing Performance

I paused my campaign for the weekend. Even though I'm sitting nice with a high ad CTR (roughly 5%) and a nice quality score (about 7), I'm blowing through my budget like crazy! But it's good! Remember, I'm paying for my education and tuition in this game. I'm also currently winning about 60% of the available impression share for my keywords. This is my education period and I'm lovin' it.

A representative from Bing called me two days ago to let me know I qualify for help with my ads and page position. She told me she thinks she can seriously improve my ads page position to get higher quality clicks in addition to evening out my budget. <3 Courtney @ Bing! We're due to speak Monday.

I also planted my UET tags into my landers and setup negative keywords in Bing along with setting up a remarketing list. Waiting until I've gotten coached by Courtney before I roll back out my campaign.

Landing Page CTR

Btw, for those curious...my landing page is currently converting to the offer at 85%. So I had 128 clicks on my ads Friday before noon. 110/128 clicked through to the offer page.

Tip: If your lander has a high CTR but you're not getting conversions, it could mean a few things...

1. The offer is irrelevant or flat out sucks
  2. You haven't given the offer enough time. Just because 20 people click your ad and 20 click through to your offer, but you get 0 conversions, doesn't mean the offer sucks.
  3. The offer is down
  4. etc.
I also setup Uptime Robot to monitor my CPA network and landers so it'll notify me if any sites I selected it to monitor goes down. My CPA network went down 3 days back...that could be costly if you're steadily sending traffic to an offer. Btw, it's free. Yippee!

Sorry I don't have much else to report on. I'm making another bank deposit Sunday night so I'll have a sizable amount of money to throw back into Bing to fuck around with.

As always, will keep you posted. ;)

Last edited:
Wow I really enjoyed reading your latest post man! I really hope you succeed and I cannot wait till I build up a sufficient budget to do the same ;)

Thanks brother! We'll all get there as long as we get up one more time than we fall!

Great thread @RyanH, appreciate all the detailed info, insights AND your holistic approach around motivation/commitment to succeeding. I too had a similar insight recently (although I'm 34).

Will be watching the thread and looking forward to more updates!

It's my pleasure mate! Thanks for checking out my journey. It truly does mean a lot. :)

I'm a fan of @Mr.Z 's thread about his journey to making 5 figures a month in 10 months. I like the meticulous planning he uses when considering speed and the various metrics and data to account for. It's currently a very popular thread so if you haven't checked it out yet, do so now.
Thanks a lot @RyanH, I appreciate it :) Good luck with your journey!
P.S. Expect new major update to my thread late tonight (European time).

!Update! - 5

Been a roller coaster ride this week Fix'ers! In this update, I'll talk about my hurdles and my successes.

My Server Got Fucked
So I paid a guy on fiverr.com (with great reviews, ratings etc.) to optimize my VPS that my tracker is hosted on to php 7 instead of its current 5.6. My host told me this would improve my redirect speed. So anyway, he updated the server and while the server itself was unharmed, my site wasn't loading. It was an issue with the permissions and lots of technical stuff that bores me delving into. Anyway, all the while, keep in mind, my campaigns are paused on Bing Ads until I could speak with Bing Ads professional, Courtney, about how to minimize my expenses while improving my quality score and my ads page position. So, the guy reverted the php back to 5.6 to go through every step and find out why the site was showing 403 forbidden errors.

Time is of the essence, I need to get my campaigns going again. After about a half day, I realized this guy was clearly out of his league so I went to Freelancer and hired KatrinaQ to fix my sites issues after I posted the job. She came highly recommended from the site itself, and her price was very very reasonable. She even optimized what could be optimized to make the redirects load faster. :) Below is the review I left for her. I meant every word.

2cnbi8k.jpg
When that was finished and my landers were good to go again, armed with a functional site, and anxiousness to get moving it was time to call Courtney from Bing Ads. LET'S GET IT!

My meeting with Bing Ads professional, Courtney

I spoke with Courtney at Bing who helped me understand why I was spending so goddamn much unnecessarily. I shared my screen with her and she walked me through e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g Bing Ads. She went over my keywords, landing page, ads (and even rewrote one for me using dynamic text ;)). Told me to place my Bing UET tag in my header as opposed to my footers, helped me fix my targeting, associating dynamic keywords with specific high performing keywords and... just so much. We covered strategy and she helped me understand multiplicative incremental bidding (my ignorance of this has been costing me a lot). In addition, she told me to call her anytime I ever needed her again.

She also sent me a hard summary of links and everything we talked about to my email. She even left me this nice little message.

nyxxub.jpg

I told her I had just started with PPC and Bing about a month ago. 10+ hour daily days reading, researching, and falling out of my computer chair onto the floor due to sleep deprivation.

nb7e8.jpg

After we talked, I hit the gym and made sure to get back and turn on my campaigns before the peak hour (you'll have to figure out what this is for your vertical by assessing the data ;)). After I did so, I let it run for awhile and noticed the ad she altered quickly got a high performance.

Landing Page Performance
Definitely doing good. But striving to do better. I started out with two very different designs. Scrapped the lesser performing one and tested two variations of the better performing one today. A/B testing for now but I want to do A/A/B testing when I have a bigger budget (shoutout to Malan Darras!) xD. For this test, I'm putting two identical landers against each other except for the fact that one has trust badges whereas the other, does not. Getting a very steady 90% CTR from my landers to the offer page.

Conversions? I'll get into that but first, let's go over how my ads and keywords are doing.

Bing Performance

I had an epiphany during a conversaion with @traged on Skype. It involved an article he sent me about a guy making a killing in adwords using dynamic text in a very specific way. Granted, I have yet to read the article (sorry bro!)...it did make me think back to something Courtney told me and I realized...what these two individuals were saying paralleled. So I flew back to my computer and created a new ad. Here's my current updated ad performance for today as of writing this post.

5oxr4o.jpg

CPA Network Performance

316rpyc.jpg

That's a total of 3 conversions since I started about two weeks ago. Two of which converted today, minutes after the other. I'm confident that I would have had a lot more conversions by now had I spoken to Courtney sooner!!! So the offer is converting as I got those conversions in half a day. Also, It's worth noting that I went from -100% ROI to now a -74% ROI. It's important to know that chances are you're going to start off at negative with an offer. You just have to dig yourself out of the mud by testing into profitability. This is the generally accepted industry norm. My task at this point? Mastering conversion rate optimization. So I now have to A/B test the shit out of my landers and gauge performance, build on that, increase my keyword relevancy, throw more ads out etc. It's a lot, but definitely worth it.

As always, I'll definitely keep you Fix'ers posted. ;)

Spend
$875.00
Revenue:
$132.00
Profit/Loss:
-$743.00
ROI:
-74%

Bing Courses I'm taking:

Book(s) I'm reading (not my affiliate links):

Last edited:
Granted I'm still learning A LOT myself, If I could offer any advice to anyone, anywhere it's this...first become effective, then become efficient.

Last edited:
Hey, Can you maybe explain how it works when a potential conversions gets on your LP? Is he directly hit with a link to the offer or is there some more info on the LP?

Hey, Can you maybe explain how it works when a potential conversions gets on your LP? Is he directly hit with a link to the offer or is there some more info on the LP?

Some info that presells the offer. Not too much info, or else you're giving them no reason to click through. Keep your CTA above the fold.

I'll use a food analogy. The ad is the smell of good food -> the lander is the appetizer -> the offer is dinner -> conversion is dessert lol!

Make sure your lander is relevant to your ad and make sure your offer is relevant to your lander. Congruency is everything. You don't want your visitors thinking they went to the wrong site (offer), because it's so different from the lander.

Don't be too hasty but always look at your data to tell you your next move.

Last edited:
My problem with Bing is that I can do 500-1000 dollars in profit per day then nothing for a week. No change in ads, keywords, etc. Happens time and time again.

My problem with Bing is that I can do 500-1000 dollars in profit per day then nothing for a week. No change in ads, keywords, etc. Happens time and time again.

Hmm, your experience level is beyond mine but have you incorporated any deep analytics into your Landers? What are the charts telling you if it's a consistent trend of success for a day, no success next week, success another day etc. That's a bit odd.

Then I might also look at the offer and ask myself if the market is over saturated with being exposed to it. "Banner blindness" in Media buying applies to ads, landers and offers too. I'm familiar with a strategy some successful marketers use by discontinuing an offer if traffic and conversions dip and reintroducing it months later. In addition, just changing out ads, landers and keeping the same offer is a method I've seen other successful affiliates use.

Are you rotating your variables out and constantly testing? I'm going to assume you're not the "set and forget" type, but I'm just curious. :)

Lastly, what's your vertical? Evergreen or trendy/seasonal? Like, is the media influencing interest in your vertical? For instance -> Paris Hilton releases new blog post or something every week and promotes her products so people go searching for them which YOU happen to be promoting. Just an example.

My point is, there is definitely a reason without question as to why your conversions are acting in such a way. You just gotta figure it out.

Last edited:
hi i've seen some great result with loan offers and bing best way to do this by adding a questionnaire to your ladning page like:
Question 1: Are you older then 18!
Question 2: how much money you need and give them a choice
and it will be good to collect emails and build a list,and try more kws to test a lot .
you can check my thread to help with your CPC:how to get low CPC with bing ads

hi i've seen some great result with loan offers and bing best way to do this by adding a questionnaire to your ladning page like:
Question 1: Are you older then 18!
Question 2: how much money you need and give them a choice
and it will be good to collect emails and build a list,and try more kws to test a lot .
you can check my thread to help with your CPC:how to get low CPC with bing ads

I'll definitely experiment with the questionnaire. Thanks. :)

Question: How do you build a list in the loan vertical? It seems.. counter intuitive.

Oh, man! You are doing a great job! Good luck with that! :)

Thanks brother. :)

Last edited:
It's encouraging when you see your campaign make money, even if you're at a negative ROI. For me, what this means is, your offerwork but the LP is limited is convincing your visitors to buyers. Don't forget that the offer's landing page itself is just a sales page, I will say make that appetizer much more compelling, so when your visitors get to the offer LP itself, about 70% of them has their mind made up on buying the product, all they need to confirm is that they get what the previous LP informed them of.

That's one of my planned strategy, if only I can find that LP building platform that's simple to use and wouldn't take 3 hours. One question for you, RyanH, do you have CPVLAB and your LP's on one VPS? If you do, that might also account for the page speed. I know nothing about CDN but will start reading about that shit.

Did you tried Mobirise? Is pretty simple to use and have lots features, some features are paid but you have enought to build something simple

Will check Mobirise and my question about Instabuilder isn't clear enough, there's a lot of videos on Youtube and I know with my design skill I can handle that perfectly, but all I wanted to know is that I plan to install on one wordpress, have the option to create LP's and install on different domains and it wouldn't mean I'm exceeding the 3 domains limit, cos I'm only installing on one WP.

banners
Back