My first PPC Campaign and also first touch with CPA

Total stats for these two days:
Clicks: 101
Total Cost: $6.28
Avg. CPC: $0.07
Impressions: 5,657
Leads: 1($1.40)

Earnings: -$4.88

I should try other offers or keep losing money on this? :)

Total stats for these two days:
Clicks: 101
Total Cost: $6.28
Avg. CPC: $0.07
Impressions: 5,657
Leads: 1($1.40)

Earnings: -$4.88

I should try other offers or keep losing money on this? :)

Depends... From how many keywords are you receiving this traffic?

What are the ways you were successful in getting traffic from FB?

So you're a newbie i guess :D?
Well there are a lot of ways if you don't know already!
One of which I have been successful is with the apps, Specially page tab app!
Upload various images to my account with lot of targeted friends (Like 2k-3k usually each account), Tag random friends in each pic and add my tab link, when they try to view the content it'll ask them to first like the page and then they will be able to see the actual image!

This generates easy likes to my pages and then on those pages, You simply have to keep on uploading various images which are entertaining and ask people to Share/Like/Comment depending on image ofc. But only 1 image per day and at a peak time. This way when someone likes your image, fb creates a news feed story saying xx liked x image on x page.etc. Something like that and since it creates this story, their friends also see the same image and most of the time even they come back to the page and like it, You have to keep doing this process for a while and the page will stay active + it'll grow slowly!

I think i have given you enough info to get started, I obviously can't spoon feed you! You need to use your brains and be creative! Tweak around this method, do some experiments with it and you should have a good traffic with you and best thing is it's free..lol :D

I can imagine a lot of things, but really his generic answer tells us nothing and is in no way helpful. Why post it then? I can write - hey, it's extremely easy to make cash with my method, you need no investment and I can teach anyone in 5 mins ... and end it there. It would serve only to either piss people off or as a very poor way of making myself look cool.
You expect me to spoon feed you? And did i say I will teach anyone to get free traffic in 5 mins? LOL
And my post was to the OP, Also it's my wish what to post and what not to post, You are no one to tell me if my post was helpful to you or not! I don't care...lmfao :D
Watch your rants Mr!

Last edited:
Like, there isn't enought data I think, you would have to get maybe almost 100 clicks or more in every one of those 5 keywords and then only probably 1 or 2 (if any) will convert at a profit but that would cost you something like 25$ to test and if it went well you could get a maybe 2$ /day profit. Is it worth it? For me it isn't, but if you have a large budget why not. That's one of the reasons why I don't like 7search that much, you have low volume which makes it difficult to gain data fast and it's expensive for the volume it has.

So, if you have a high budget keep testing, if you don't try to find a more profitable one.

Like, there isn't enought data I think, you would have to get maybe almost 100 clicks or more in every one of those 5 keywords and then only probably 1 or 2 (if any) will convert at a profit but that would cost you something like 25$ to test and if it went well you could get a maybe 2$ /day profit. Is it worth it? For me it isn't, but if you have a large budget why not. That's one of the reasons why I don't like 7search that much, you have low volume which makes it difficult to gain data fast and it's expensive for the volume it has.

So, if you have a high budget keep testing, if you don't try to find a more profitable one.
I have left $143 at 7Serach right now. I will probably move to another offer or I will ask Luke to suggest me some.

You expect me to spoon feed you? And did i say I will tech anyone to get free traffic in 5 mins? LOL
And my post was to the OP, Also it's my wish what to post and what not to post, You are no one to tell me if my post was helpful to you or not! I don't care...lmfao :D
Watch your rants Mr!

Thanks for the answer. No, no one asked you to spoon feed. It is simple - I can name a huge number of places on which it is easy to get traffic and say there are lots of ways, but it simply helps no one and my post would have no merit. It would simply stand there to boost post count. It's kind of like saying to a thirsty man - hey, finding water is sooo easy, everyone can do it. Oh, you didn't know that? That would hardly help him.

I asked you how you get traffic so you can add something of value ;) It might seem basic to you, but helps a lot of people starting out.

i think k need's to add a "Report" button......

There is a report post button, bottom left corner, the "!" under each post ;)

I added 20 KWs totaly but I reciving traffic only from 5 of them.

In reality it is too early to tell if a campaign is working or not based on 20 clicks. If your cpc is 0.07$ that means you can get 24 clicks for each conversion worth 1.4$ and get even. But, if you don't have a good feeling about this campaign - sure, end it. At least you learned something and now can get a fresh one working. It has to go better considering all this new knowledge you now have.

Thanks for the answer. No, no one asked you to spoon feed. It is simple - I can name a huge number of places on which it is easy to get traffic and say there are lots of ways, but it simply helps no one and my post would have no merit. It would simply stand there to boost post count. It's kind of like saying to a thirsty man - hey, finding water is sooo easy, everyone can do it. Oh, you didn't know that? That would hardly help him.

I asked you how you get traffic so you can add something of value ;) It might seem basic to you, but helps a lot of people starting out.

There is a report post button, bottom left corner, the "!" under each post ;)

In reality it is too early to tell if a campaign is working or not based on 20 clicks. If your cpc is 0.07$ that means you can get 24 clicks for each conversion worth 1.4$ and get even. But, if you don't have a good feeling about this campaign - sure, end it. At least you learned something and now can get a fresh one working. It has to go better considering all this new knowledge you now have.

READ, READ , READ.
I got over 100 clicks till now and only one lead!

READ, READ , READ.
I got over 100 clicks till now and only one lead!

5 keywords are getting traffic. You got 100 clicks, so that is 20 clicks on average for each of them, not 100. You need 100 clicks to test EACH keyword ;)

It is totally different to have 100 clicks on 1 kw or 100 clicks on 100 kws.

5 keywords are getting traffic. You got 100 clicks, so that is 20 clicks on average for each of them, not 100. You need 100 clicks to test EACH keyword ;)

It is totally different to have 100 clicks on 1 kw or 100 clicks on 100 kws.

You think some magic can happend to this offer start earning? Evan if I would optimize all that and done everything perfect it couldn't earn me anything.

Look at your click costs too.

If you have payed more than 1x-2x the amount of the offer for that keyword without a conversion, consider deleting it.

Otherwise, try to get around 100 clicks. Just depends on your budget and how many kws you are targeting.

Like smilodon stated, you need the data. So, 100 clicks is good to shoot for, but if 100 clicks x CPC(average cost per click) x 5kws is over your budget than you will need to limit the amount of data you can afford to test.

Let's say you have $50 for a simple campaign- 25 for testing and 25 for optimizing:

-Offer payout = $1.20

-Target/Angle kws = 5

-Avg CPC = .12

Each kw will then get 10 clicks before it goes above the payout amount

So:
10 clicks * 5 kw * .12 CPC = $6, but you have another $19 to test -

Now you can collect more data on these kws, since it is within your budget, but if you haven't seen a converion - since you have a total of 50 clicks combined, you might want to rethink your angle/keywords or test a similar offer.

On the other hand, 100 clicks will get you a good amount of data:

100 clicks * 5 kw * .12 CPC = $60, but you are now over your entire budget.

Hopefully you saw some conversions, but if they are no where near $60 then you might not be able to optimize this campaign to become profitable.

Unless, let's say-( SIMPLE example 1 )

1 kw brought in $24 of conversions, while the others did nothing.

Drop the other kws and you are now profitable and will be, on average, doubling your spend.

OR, let's say-( SIMPLE example 2 )

2 kws brought in $24 of conversions, while the others did nothing.

Drop the other kws and you are now breaking even and can try to optimize the conversion ratio.

Of course it can become much more complex than this, as every kw, campaign can have their own CPC, while average spend/revenue can vary daily :)

Now to go BIGGER

Use that mindset above with a $100 dollar daily budget spread across 5 campaigns, and keep adding/testing campaigns daily/weekly/monthly (up to $1000+/day), making sure that you kill them quickly once they don't fit your budget/criteria and optimizing/scaling those that do.

** I m far from this, but that is my goal.**

Another great post Miles_ahead. Thanks for breaking it down the way you do, it really helps make sense of it all. My current campaign has 90 keywords, obviously not all will get traffic, but the thought of allowing quite a few of those keywords to reach 100 clicks is daunting!

Nice! I never thought about utilizing my budget as detail as you mentioned here.

I simply think about my CPC and realistic CR. If I know I can't even breakeven with those two metrics, I'll drop the campaign. I believe our marketing angles are the most responsible for our CPC and CR, so if I have to split test anything, I'd do as many angles as possible.

Here's something I got from my friend and mentor who's a member of STM, I don't know if I'll get into trouble posting stuffs from private forum, they pay 100 bucks per month to be a member. :)

This week I tested a new angle. It bombed, was in the red. However I tried to take a positive out of that campaign, I found the lander had a decent CTR. So next I tried the same kind of offer, with the same layout lander, but with a different angle. It destroyed, it turned into a $16,000+ day campaign within two days.

After giving feedback to quiet a few campaigns. I've noticed some trends. Most affs prioritize their split tests like this:

- make a couple of ads.
- make one lander/angle.
- check results.
- split test a different lander titles.
- split test lander images.
- check results.
- make a few more different ads.
- check results.
- split test call to action buttons on the lander.
- check results.

Usually by that point affs would either pack it in because they aren't profitable, or will be happy that they are profiting and try to spend more.

I'm not saying that strategy is completely wrong...

However a strategy that has worked very well for me goes a little like:

- make a few ads.
- make one lander/angle.
- check results.
- If profitable or break even, if losing split test with a different angle.
- check results.
- make a few more ads.
**Only until I am break even or profitable, I will start changing minor things on my landers.

Yes that does mean a more effort off the bat, but the pay days and margins make it all the more worth while.

I knew I had read that before, you can find it here:

2012 June « Ads.pof.com Blog

I agree ^^

From what i have been learning as of late and if you can afford it, go from front to back...

multiple ads > one angle > keywords that are related closely to both the ad, angle and lander > lander > offer​

( dynamic variables can help if you know a little programming
PHP:
 )[/INDENT]

[INDENT]Trying to get the ad CTR up as high as you can( lowering bid costs), then moving on to optimizing/changing angles, landers etc...[/INDENT]

I tried second campaign that Luke suggested to me.. Here are stats:
Imperssions: 7,496
Clicks: 200
Cost: $13.42
AVG CPC: $0.07
Leads: 1
I definetly going to give up from this.. until you find some good campaign for 7Serach you going to waste LOT of money.
Can I ask 7Search for refund and what method after this you suggest me to try?

Define how to find good campaign thomaso?

People are willing to test hundreds of dollars to find profitable campaign that is going to last weeks and months. This is the nature of the game for paid traffic.

Ask yourself, if you give up on this, is it because you cannot turn this campaign around and get positive EPC? Or is it because you fear of losing money? If you know that your decision is base on the later, you need to seriously cool down and think about the real reason.

Right now you have CR of 0.5%, this is not a normal CR. It's either the traffic that you are getting do not match the offer, or because the offer is too unrealistic or too good to be true, or maybe you are having fraudulent traffic and you need to block them immediately. That's how you should think about your campaign.

Don't expect anyone to give us a profitable campaign, it ain't gonna happen. Again paid traffic needs money, if it's that easy to find a profitable campaign at first few try, we'd all be rich.

Define how to find good campaign thomaso?

People are willing to test hundreds of dollars to find profitable campaign that is going to last weeks and months. This is the nature of the game for paid traffic.

Ask yourself, if you give up on this, is it because you cannot turn this campaign around and get positive EPC? Or is it because you fear of losing money? If you know that your decision is base on the later, you need to seriously cool down and think about the real reason.

Right now you have CR of 0.5%, this is not a normal CR. It's either the traffic that you are getting do not match the offer, or because the offer is too unrealistic or too good to be true, or maybe you are having fraudulent traffic and you need to block them immediately. That's how you should think about your campaign.

Don't expect anyone to give us a profitable campaign, it ain't gonna happen. Again paid traffic needs money, if it's that easy to find a profitable campaign at first few try, we'd all be rich.
I used this time "NBA Store $250 Gift Card" I targeted KWs like "NBA", "NBA Store", etc..
I search for campaign thta doesn't promote apple products and it should have CTR bigger then 10% and payout for lead bigger then $0,80.
I'm not soo much afraid of losing money bescause you must lose it before you earn some.. I'm more afraid bescause I'm in costant lose after
6-7 days of runing campaigns.

banners
Back