The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My first breakeven journey

Have you worked out how you're going to split your budget?
I'll focus mainly on native traffic, but I will bid low on Google Search to get some cheap high-quality traffic at the same time.

The main problem for me is that English is not my native language. That's another reason I post pone my campaigns.
I'm reading every nitty-gritty on affiliate page, and watching the VSL several times (for top 20 offers on ClickBank, those videos are pretty long, I have to say), to make sure everything goes well.

Type 'about:config' in firefox address bar.
That's what I thought :D
true is the default (like I said)

We used to do 3 million pops a month (8-5 years ago)
3000CPM*1.7
$5100.0 advertising cost
((3000000*.015)*.065)*.02 =58.5 new customers
(gross profit after COGS) ROMI
58.500*$550 CALV (customer acquisition lifetime value)= $32,175.00 , to;
58.500*$200 = $11,700.00
less the advertising expense
;)
There are big numbers with high volumes
But we owned the site so the results were true the traffic was ours --no shaving games on our end

Last edited:
smart move
gotta be 1% affiliates
who watch all those boring videos
some are so boring id prefer to drink gasoline
buy ya listen 4 like 50 minutes anyway
--> then you get gold nugget information
some game changer 4 down the line
thats why we do it
& why should keep doing it
so keep watching those videos
its worth it
I'm reading every nitty-gritty on affiliate page, and watching the VSL several times (for top 20 offers on ClickBank, those videos are pretty long, I have to say), to make sure everything goes well.

It can be tricky to get a positive roi with native ads. They are very popular and that pushes up prices. I would be tempted to test the offer first and see if you can get some conversions.

False is the default on my side, I use the latest version.
I allow a few sites permission maybe that is why --but only with allowed permissions

1663849310358.png

bold is modified

It can be tricky to get a positive roi with native ads. They are very popular and that pushes up prices. I would be tempted to test the offer first and see if you can get some conversions.
From what I have gathered so far (just for nutra niche), Google Search is the most effective traffic source (Highest CR), but the most expensive (Hightest CPC). And people do say you have to invest a lot to get a positive roi on native.
Do you suggest me to try if it works on Google Search first, then scale to native?

Revcontent (OpenRTB 2.5)
Where are the developer docs --all I see is HTML *knowledge base* BS
Specifically with regard to CIDR .
I have US databases with income and housing data segmented by zipcodes ( US postal codes), city, county and state.
Really, I would rather be concerned with the target persona I WANT --than trying to block bogey ips --there are just too damn many.
If that api allows for this kind of segmentation (zipcodes ( US postal codes), city, county and state) and can accept 1000 zip (postal codes [or more]) it would be of interest.

Say you want paid surveys of: an economic area, an income level area, an employment/unemployment area. I even have college (uni) areas and the school's enrollment. Crime level GEO data (Security Device offers?)
4. I'm going to promote top 10 ClickBank offers.
Never had much luck sending ad network traffic to ClickBank.
There are 1000 people marketing the top offers there to and most are archaic cookie sites.
5. I'm going to use collected push subscriptions for MaxBounty offers.
Use ClickBank to get your own collected push subscriptions or opting email lists might be a good way to go ;)
1. I'm going to use native traffic on Tier 1 English speaking countries.
That Tier is bot central for the reason that they make the most money per click. For you it may get expensive fast.

As far as ad network traffic goes they sell the remnants (what they cannot sell) via RTB it's probable a lot comes from another RTB hub --pass the trash :D . Also, RTB uses those participating ad networks content policy and moderation as the final cut. So, the ad approval terms and moderation are just kicked down the road.

I'm sure you already know this but Ill say it anyway :)
There is a learning curve with paid traffic, and to understand it, you need data, lots and lots of data. When you have 3 or 4 hundred thousand clicks on an add group, patterns start to show and you can try to improve on the good and remove the bad.
I would definitely go with Greybeard's advice and test with Bing ads just to see 'IF' you can get a positive roi. You can then use that data to decide whether Google Ads are worth a shot.
I can't stress the importance of testing an offer before you spend too much time and effort building a funnel around it.

database from Maxmind.
I use the .mdb --got it covered long ago TY;)

BLS.gov HUD.gov IRS.gov I compiled it from public database downloads.

EIC is Earned Income Credit (the working poor) ORDER BY t1.nb_ret_eic DESC; (number or tax returns filed with the EIC credit)
2018 IRS data (was the latest then last year)

1663952889564.png

I just come up with some ideas. If Native Ads is too expensive for newbies as you guys say, I can use a whitelist method to test if an offer works. My steps:
1. collective some working zones/widgets by utilizing spying tools
2. write some code to see if people make small conversions on the landing page, if not blacklist the zones/widgets (I'll make these conversions pretty small, like scrolls, clicks, etc, if there is more than X clicks and less than Y% conversion rate, I'll block the zones/widgets, I'll count a click as effective click, if there is a small conversion)
3. I'll stop the offer if there is no conversion after Z effective clicks.

@Graybeard @Strickland
Coud you recommend a number for X, Y, Z so that I can referrence?

The most important parameter here is Z. If 100 is enough and half of the clicks are effective, then I will buy 200 clicks, it's around 200 * $0.5 = $100. It's still too expensive to desice if I should drop an offer.
So Let's expand the story, if I taste 10 offers at the same time, and use $100 to find a winning offer. These offers have similar targetting. So I will use a single campaign.

Last edited:
Best to buy a few thousand popunders and make a fast landing page, count the click outs to the offer and see if you get much action on the concept (of the nature of the offers) --sample test first. This way will lose less than $10 and a few hours with of time.

Crappy offer and crappy traffic --you will always lose money getting your "data."
A problem is, the offers I'm going to run have high payout (~$130 on average). So if it doesn't work under pop traffic, it might not be that convincing the offers dont work.

Hi everybody,
I'm too busy this and last week.
I have added some new features to my tracker. I'll take the following week to test them. So I'm sorry that I have to delay my first campaign to the week after the next.

Following is what I have done so far:
1. Push notification collector and sender.
2. Email collector and sender.
3. Tracker
4. Written a small website with several articles, and my landing pages are among them.
5. I will collect email addresses on my landing pages and give some free pdfs as incentives.

Hi everybody,
I'm too busy this and last week.
I have added some new features to my tracker. I'll take the following week to test them. So I'm sorry that I have to delay my first campaign to the week after the next.

Following is what I have done so far:
1. Push notification collector and sender.
2. Email collector and sender.
3. Tracker
4. Written a small website with several articles, and my landing pages are among them.
5. I will collect email addresses on my landing pages and give some free pdfs as incentives.
Just dropping a comment to sub to the thread to watch your progress :)

Best of luck dude!

but Google Search don't allow single page website as far as I know

i can rank 1 page site top
only whats on that page?
1 page sites don't rank these days for long --if at all. I think that is what he meant.
Google Search wants people searching and clicking on the ads they make money off of.
So, if your content is advantageous toward that end Google will use it and "throw you a bone."

Hi everybody,

I just created my first campaign, and it's under moderation at themoment.

Let me explain a little bit about my final campaign.

Traffic Source: push
Offer Type: nutra
Target Country: USA
Funnel 1: push -> pre-landing -> offer
Funnel 2: push -> pre-landing -> email (I'll send 4 emails automatically after users claim their free health care tips)
Email Marketing Timeline:
1st email: immediately
2nd email: after 1 hour
3rd email: after 1 day
4th email: after 2 days

I bid $0.113 per click (will it be too high for push in USA?).

I'll update you tomorrow, see you!!!

So single page sites are still allowed these days?
YouTube is mostly mindless self promotion these days --with some exceptions. YouTube MMO or SEO is definitely suspect.
single page sites are still ignored these days?<- I fixed it.

Years ago you could rank a page with a few paragraphs with the right keywords for a week or so -- then gone :D
That initial week sometimes was a good traffic flow --but that was years ago --not today.

Hi everybody,

I stopped my campaign, because I found the traffic source is adult, and there is no way to run mainstream-only (Please recommend me some mainstream traffic sources for push).

I got 4 clicks (capture of stats from traffic source):
1668661201280.png

But I doubt 3 of them are bots (capture of stats from my tracker)
1668661616292.png

I'm going to change my algorithm for noscript and nocookie, instead of setting them to 0 by default, I gonna set them to 1.

Last edited:
I have updated my tracker, and add funds to propellersads (I really want to try other traffic other than propellersads, I heard of it too many times).

My campaign is under moderation at the moment.

Some data I gathered so far (It has run for several hours now, and I only got few impressions):
1668689118349.png

I asked the AM of EvaDav, and he added the traffic category option for my account. But after turning on main stream only, it still sends me adult traffic.

I wonder why my CTR is so high for Evadav and so low for PropellerAds, is it caused by Bid?

MI
Back