The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My Experience with Links and Indexing

bigcat1967

When people backlink - they leave links on this special site or that high PR site. After they leave it, they go to the next site and leave a backlink. They forget all about getting the page indexed where they left the link. This is very important - if it doesn't get indexed - it doesn't do you any good.

Yes, eventually, the page that you left your backlink on will eventually get indexed - but it may take a few months. Some people, seeing this, turn to pingomatic or pingler to get these pages indexed - or they may even social bm the page. I can only say from my experience, that this rarely works for me. I'm pretty impatient, so I try a different approach.

If I want a page where I left a link on indexed quickly, I've found that I can do it two ways. Let's say I create content on a new web 2.0 property and it isn't indexed yet. I would leave a sig link on a high traffic forum and see that it usually becomes indexed a lot faster than if it was bookmarked or pinged.

Another way is this. I have a website "in the harbor" that has a PR of 3 that the Googlebot visits quite often. I would leave a link or two to a Web 2.0 property, and it would get indexed rather quickly. In fact, it's better than when I leave sig links on high travelled forums.

Anyway, that's my advice and personal experience. I hope this can help someone. I'm open to any comments or suggestions...

Thanks for sharing bigcat.

I can't verify this works, but it's free, fast and easy.

When I see a new blog post has linked to one of my blog posts or see that the blog or forum comes up on a list of good affiliate resources somewhere…

I hit the link to my site myself - I always have the Google toolbar on
and this sends data home to Google.

I know it helps get new sites indexed for a fact because I've had brand new sites no one knew about, no one linked to get indexed within hours (before I even wanted it indexed). The only possible way Google could know about the new site was via the toolbar. So I have to assume it helps Google find links to your sites if you hit them with the toolbar on too.

That's really a good advice. Really, many people overlook this important part. In my experience, for backlinks of which the pr is higher than 3, I don't need to do anything. That will be indexed quickly. But for those low pr ones, I usually bookmark them in digg and mix, which are loved by google very much.

I agree with. Most forums are getting index by Google fast, so links placed to forums get indexed fast. But there are some occasions I tried social bookmarking forum threads to help forum threads index faster. For my surprise, it worked well.

good advice - sometimes its better to test things yourself
most of the things are trial and error or just discovered by accident...

MI
Back