The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

My Bing Ads campaign result...Not Good?

thehustler

Hey, so I just paused my campaign right after 1 hour of being approved by Bing. Now, I know it is very very early to decide but just want to know what do you think of this stats within just 1 hr?

bing 2.jpg
bing.jpg

bing 3.jpg

Spent - $7.74
Impressions - 14
Clicks - 3
CTR - 21.43%
CPC - 2.58
Avg pos - 1.57

Now, as I said these are the results of only 1 hr. I have paused the campaign for now. I did NOT get any sale tho despite having a CTR of 21%. I wonder why.

I am confused on:

1) I selected my goal as "Visitors to the site" during the campaign creation and uploaded 19 KWs and set the bid at $4 and budget at $7 per day and selected Enhanced CPC so that it gives fast results and it made me spent over $7 in just one hour. Should I have selected the other option when setting the bid? Do you think I should have continued the campaign?

2) Why my CPC is so high? For a good campaign, CPC should always be as LOW as possible right? Any tips to make it low?

3) I am using a Wordpress blog where I filled the page with relevant info and put the affiliate link via shortener. Maybe that's why I am not getting any results? Do I need an actual landing page?

4) Is there any way to collect email from WordPress blog via CTA button like in dedicated landing pages where a visitor puts email and gets redirected to the main sales page? Any way to do that in Wordpress?

5) Is avg position of 1.57 good?

Kindly help me on these.

Thanks in advance!

First of all you need to run at least the for a 3-4 days to test the offer, you have set the bid to 4$ thats why you are getting high cpc .

• What is the payout worth if you convert?
  • How many clicks to make a conversion?
  • What is the customer acquisition and any branding worth to you?

The cost strikes me as high but what the reward amount is unknown -- so there is no point of reference to your question ...

• What is the payout worth if you convert?
  • How many clicks to make a conversion?
  • What is the customer acquisition and any branding worth to you?
The cost strikes me as high but what the reward amount is unknown -- so there is no point of reference to your question ...
1. $22 I think.
2. How can I tell that? If 10 people click and 10 people decides to buy, then I will have 10 conversions. If out of 10, 5 decides to buy then I will have 5 conversions. I am not able to predict that OR you meant something else? :p
3. I am just trying to promote an in-demand product. Branding worth to me or not - what do you mean?

Update: I reduced the bid to $0.30 and it even stopped giving impressions. So, I contacted chat support and the agent says I need to increase my bid to at least $1.31 as that's the max suggested bid of a KW as per bing KW planner that I am bidding on.

What should I do?

If you average 1 of 10? Then it is not so good ... lower your bid.

If you run with a lower placement the CTR rate may not be that bad and your potential ROI would look better.

When you sell your own product, or even have some platform site, these CPC/PPC ads can build your website audience -- these ads are the most expensive way to do this --but-- customer acquisition value can play a role.

Say you are a ecommerce business or a SaaS software platform where a customer acquisition might be $500/yr for a average customer expectancy (A.K.A.: CLV [Customer Lifetime Value]) or 2.3 years yielding $1150.00 <<< that is a ROMI (Return on Marketing Investment) value earned.

The customer clicks the SEM PCC ad, looks at your business but does not immediately act --but he remembers your website's name or bookmarks the site for a possible future return.

If 20% come back -- that SEM PCC ad will give you a $230.00 overall return on the ad investment -- 15.33 times the ad price (e.g.: the ad cost $3/ CPC bid so your advertising cost might have been $15 to acquire that customer).

That is one way ROMI works.

Ads are not just 1 time events with a cash on cash ROI (for everyone).

Last edited:
what is going to be your cost of customer acquisition 100 clicks $x return.
will you product/service sell? How often?

How much money will you spend to find out.

In other words there is no real answer with these questions unanswered.
raise the bid gradually -- step .10 up at a time until you see some results. At least you will lose money slower or maybe find a *sweet spot*
Yeah sweet spot is the main thing. But generally, with how much bid should one start at? And the thing that Bing tells - your bid is too low to get any clicks when you put low bid like $0.10, that is just not correct from Bing, right?

what is going to be your cost of customer acquisition 100 clicks $x return.
will you product/service sell? How often?

How much money will you spend to find out.

In other words there is no real answer with these questions unanswered.
raise the bid gradually -- step .10 up at a time until you see some results. At least you will lose money slower or maybe find a *sweet spot*

bid for what? all offers and keywords are not equal.
Maybe bid a percentage of what they recommend. Is the opening auction bid you make the buy now price?
Say you start at 50% and go up 10% in increments -- 70% may be enough or 90, 100, 110 ...
You know the asking price may be too much ???

MI
Back