The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My adset got 6 sales, now nothing. Please help.

OscarMike

Hi all, I'm selling a funny coffee mug using Gearubble and Facebook ads. I found a single interest that got me six sales. I stopped my campaign temporarily but now after starting it again yesterday and spending another $100, I haven't received any more sales. I received over 100 clicks to the product page yesterday. The traffic is from the USA. The sales dried up. Before, my cost per sale was around $60.

Has this ever happened to you? Can you please explain why this happened?

Thanks

Last edited:
my cost per sale was around $60

I've been confused about this cost since you mentioned it in another thread. Can you explain why you feel your cost of sale for a coffee mug can possibly be $60 and why would you attempt to sell a coffee mug with a cost of sale at $60?

I've been confused about this cost since you mentioned it in another thread. Can you explain why you feel your cost of sale for a coffee mug can possibly be $60 and why would you attempt to sell a coffee mug with a cost of sale at $60?
Thanks for the reply. According to one ecommerce course I took, the cost per sale should go down over time as the Facebook algorithm optimizes. I can't say how much it will go down. But in the case studies I've seen, the cost per sale can get as low as $7. And that's USA traffic too.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why my sales have stopped. Or perhaps this it's a normal part of marketing and I should continue prospecting using the same adset and single interest?

According to one ecommerce course I took

From the guy that got out of the business 4 years ago. He was selling ice to Eskimos.

You need a new guide!

cost per sale should go down over time as the Facebook algorithm optimizes.

So you are making commercial business decisions on a "bet". A lame bet at that. You use the word "should" based on instructions from a now defunct "guru".

in the case studies I've seen, the cost per sale can get as low as $7.

$7 for the cost of sale of a custom mug? In what universe? You can't get the mug, customizing, and shipping for that ever. Not from anyone and not even in a disparaged 3rd world country.

I'm a bit perplexed as to why my sales have stopped. Or perhaps this it's a normal part of marketing and I should continue prospecting using the same adset and single interest?

Back when all of this custom printing thing started and it was very hot for all of us, we still had to do high volumes of testing. T's came first and were suddenly everywhere. Later, much later, the other items for custom printing came along. All through the process, competition was big, very big. We all had to do an abundance of testing for product interest and viability. Most of us had to test 6 to 10 variations to get one that would hit the kind of numbers we sought. Additionally, it never took us more that 3 to 5 days to test for interest and viability.

It is my opinion you need to come up with several designs and a few variations of each. You need to test the geos, the variations, day parting, ad platforms, and others separately to dial in a winner or a couple of winners. Keep in mind these typically run for a few weeks before starting to wind down. Not to worry though, that type of merchandise can be revisited a few times a year.

understand the numbers, I don't understand pursuing it.
south park beat a dead horse GIF

It's hard to give up and either pivot or start something new ...

nose-to-the-grindstone.jpg

as I experienced the fluctuations in performance is common even with a successful initial run, and it may be due to change in consumer behavior or what else, you better know. I recommend you to optimize the product page and experiment with different ad formats.

Just to be clear, are you saying that I should have an initial cost per sale lower than $60?

No. I am saying that your plan is implementing poor structure and unrealistic expectations.

Planning to continually promote something that has no proof of reasonable success or reasonable expectations is a fool's errand. You need to be able to see immediate proof of interest, immediate proof of viability. you cannot find success by "hoping" that things improve as time goes by. That's just insane.

You must create variations of ads, product, copy, traffic sources, etc., etc., and you haven't done that from what I have read. Instead you are chasing something that has no proof by model or concept.

It does not take more than a week or ten days to test for viability and find a winning campaign to scale. I rarely spend more than 5 days when testing new funnels and their variations.

I also cannot understand your concept of trying to sell a single mug when your competitors are providing hundreds, sometimes thousands, of custom mug variations.

No. I am saying that your plan is implementing poor structure and unrealistic expectations.

Planning to continually promote something that has no proof of reasonable success or reasonable expectations is a fool's errand. You need to be able to see immediate proof of interest, immediate proof of viability. you cannot find success by "hoping" that things improve as time goes by. That's just insane.

You must create variations of ads, product, copy, traffic sources, etc., etc., and you haven't done that from what I have read. Instead you are chasing something that has no proof by model or concept.

It does not take more than a week or ten days to test for viability and find a winning campaign to scale. I rarely spend more than 5 days when testing new funnels and their variations.

I also cannot understand your concept of trying to sell a single mug when your competitors are providing hundreds, sometimes thousands, of custom mug variations.
Thanks for helpful insight TJ Tutor.

With regards to the mug design, I was inspired by a winning product on Amazon. I use JungleScout's free keyword tool and I discovered a mug that gets over 6,000 sales a month on Amazon. I used the same message but created a completely different design using Canva. I was taught not to reinvent the wheel when it comes to ecommerce. ie Find a winning product and test it on Facebook.

I've split tested different ad variations also. I created 3 ad variations, and I used the 1 with the highest CTR. It happened to be a story selling ad. From those 3 ads, I also found the winning demographic is women, 65+ in age. That's who I've been targeting on Facebook.

banners
Back