The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

My 1st Niche

richkid

affiliate
Hey everyone i have had couple of idea for my first niche - martial arts/karate or tennis. I plan to go ahead with martial arts , What do you guys say? Should I actually go for martial or rather write about a fighter, eg Bruce lee?

Hey everyone i have had couple of idea for my first niche - martial arts/karate or tennis. I plan to go ahead with martial arts , What do you guys say? Should I actually go for martial or rather write about a fighter, eg Bruce lee?

Well, what research have you done on both of your choices (Bruce Lee vs. Martial)?

Have you checked Amazon for books being sold on each of these topics?
(indicator that money is flowing if mainstream books are being sold)

Have you looked at market potential within Shopping.com for physical items? Anybody have an affiliate program so you have items to promote?
(visit vendor's sites to see if they operate their own affiliate programs, then check with some networks to see if any items are being promoted)

This little tidbit is by no means comprehensive...but could get you started. :cool:

Have you done keyword and competition research for each of those phrases?

For instance martial arts has 33 MILLION competing pages. Even with allintitle: there are 21 MILLION.
Way too competitive for a newbie I would think.

If you went for a fighter like Bruce Lee, then the challenge is how do you monetize it? Bruce Lee movies is about all you could sell. And it's still pretty competitive - 8 million competing pages.

I think your niche needs to be a little more niche-y. Those are pretty broad categories, with lots of competition as Linda mentioned. Narrow it down more and find some aspect of one of the subjects that you could really hammer.

Hey guys appreciate your feedback. Well i have done some research on the niche "hypnotism" using the market samurai product the i start with the market hypnotism and drilled down to the niche "the art of hypnotism" now

With quotes the searches on google for this niche is 27000 and without quotes is 991,000. Then i drilled down to micro-niche "hypnosis relaxation" and did search volume on google as well.

This looks a good one to jump in and because there are plenty of products for hypnotism as well .Though i know very little about hypnotism however it does interest me so i guess i will just have to learn if i want to go with this. What are your guys feeback on this?

I think you've been hypnotized by the 'make $10K a day selling my crap' marketers. (and this comes from someone who has successfully had hypnosis for dental procedures and migraine headaches. It's not for do-it-yourselfers who learn from $37 ebooks.)

(Sorry if I've offended, but that's the way I feel. Esp. after the other thread about you trying to get merchants to join Click-2-Sell.)

Though i know very little about hypnotism however it does interest me so i guess i will just have to learn if i want to go with this.

This part of your statement tells me "nope, don't do it."

Start with things that you consume, what magazines do you read all the time? What books? What TV shows do you watch (by genre)?

Those are things you obviously enjoy doing...and where I would start my research. You have to have a core belief and devotion to what you will create in order to translate that into a long-lasting, stable business.

Anything short of core, and focus becomes an issue, plus, when you talk about your business...people (or site visitors) will read right through you and the trust factor won't happen.

Don't think about "all the money you'll make" at first, instead think about how much genuine value you can create and deliver in a market niche...and whether there is enough of that market to serve (notice I didn't say sell to).

Then use your static tools...and go get it.

I think you've been hypnotized by the 'make $10K a day selling my crap' marketers. (and this comes from someone who has successfully had hypnosis for dental procedures and migraine headaches. It's not for do-it-yourselfers who learn from $37 ebooks.)

(Sorry if I've offended, but that's the way I feel. Esp. after the other thread about you trying to get merchants to join Click-2-Sell.)

Well I am interested in hypnotism though, to know more about it . I was thinking to read stuff on it and write it my own unique way. I dont read maganizes, not fond of them and the sport i like most is cricket but the thing is that only certain countries i know play cricket, its not a famous sport as football etc. I don't know what to write about then. Can you guys help me out

Don't think about "all the money you'll make" at first, instead think about how much genuine value you can create and deliver in a market niche...and whether there is enough of that market to serve (notice I didn't say sell to).

I wish I could tattoo that to the inside of my brain. At least I can print it out and scotch tape it to my wall. Nah, I'll use a thumbtack. It's worth making a hole in the wall.

Again, Joseph, thank you for the great stuff you (and others) provide here.

well I am not thinking about "money here first" infact i wont be even putting adsense ads until i get decent traffic and people are interested in reading my account.. The only reason i choose hypnotism is because i am interested in knowing about it as well. But if you say that i shouldn't go with it then i will look for other niche

My nationality is indian , in that case do you recommend me to write about india or even on one of the cities or maybe a historical monument such as Taj Mahal?

But if you say that i shouldn't go with it then i will look for other niche

It's your choice richkid, my first reaction to what you said was "nope"...but go for it if you feel it's a topic you can devote a business to. :)

Your business, your decision...no one else's...and, don't let anyone tell you what niche you "should" go for.

On a separate note, "thinking about all the money you'll make" first doesn't mean what you physically do with your site...it has more to do with the mentality you have surrounding your business.

You need to enhance other people's lives with value, so they will trust you and trust your affiliate recommendations etc...that will help you to choose a niche too, because you have to figure out which niche topic you can add that value from as a business. The profits are a measuring stick on well you do just that. :)

Hi Joesph thanks for your advice. I think i can dedicate my time on the topic of hypnotism because things like hypnotism and magic tricks do interest me and i would like to learn more about them as well. If i dont try writing out i will never know if i am good at it or not

Hi Joesph thanks for your advice. I think i can dedicate my time on the topic of hypnotism because things like hypnotism and magic tricks do interest me and i would like to learn more about them as well. If i dont try writing out i will never know if i am good at it or not

Amen to that richkid get 'er done! :D

Have you done keyword and competition research for each of those phrases?

For instance martial arts has 33 MILLION competing pages. Even with allintitle: there are 21 MILLION.
Way too competitive for a newbie I would think.

If you went for a fighter like Bruce Lee, then the challenge is how do you monetize it? Bruce Lee movies is about all you could sell. And it's still pretty competitive - 8 million competing pages.

Sorry I am new and may have missed this in another thread but what us a good number of search results to not in too much of a competitive niche but still remain potentially profitable?

Thanks! Sorry to sidetrack OP.

I believe there is some confusing info in this thread especially for a newb. One person is telling you don't do this niche b/c it is too competitive another is saying don't do this niche because it isn't something you consume or are passionate about.

You first need to identify the reason you want to start on this endeavor. If it is to make money then embrace it. Don't let others persuade you if that is your intent. If that's the case then listen to Linda and don't go into a niche that is too competitive. If you are looking at just learning the ropes and testing SEO skills then start with something you are really into. It will make it easier to stick with it. Be true to yourself either way.

Hi Richkid,

Let me help you with this.

When choosing what to go with, you have to know what the niche is. The niche is a group of people. That`s it. Anything you do online, you have to do for some group of people.

Examples:

1) Weight loss is NOT a niche. A niche is women over 40, who want to lose weight.
2) Loans is NOT a niche. A niche is students who need a loan, or seniors, etc.

Here is why:

When you go for "hypnotism" and after a few months you see that you have no results, or poor results, you actually have nothing to do, just forget it. And you waste months.
Now, if you go with "hypnosis in labor", you know these are women giving birth. When they follow your recommendations for hypnosis, they will need many, many things in the future:
- they will need to lose weight after having a baby
- they might need a solution to stop losing hair
- they might need relationship advice
- they will need exercise programs
- they will need family budget ideas

... and many other things for months and even years to come.

So what I suggest, if choose a topic, but "apply" it to a specific group of people. This way you have unlimited options to profit from what you do, for years to come.

Good luck!

Hi Richkid,

Let me help you with this.

When choosing what to go with, you have to know what the niche is. The niche is a group of people. That`s it. Anything you do online, you have to do for some group of people.

Examples:

1) Weight loss is NOT a niche. A niche is women over 40, who want to lose weight.
2) Loans is NOT a niche. A niche is students who need a loan, or seniors, etc.

Here is why:

When you go for "hypnotism" and after a few months you see that you have no results, or poor results, you actually have nothing to do, just forget it. And you waste months.
Now, if you go with "hypnosis in labor", you know these are women giving birth. When they follow your recommendations for hypnosis, they will need many, many things in the future:
- they will need to lose weight after having a baby
- they might need a solution to stop losing hair
- they might need relationship advice
- they will need exercise programs
- they will need family budget ideas

... and many other things for months and even years to come.

So what I suggest, if choose a topic, but "apply" it to a specific group of people. This way you have unlimited options to profit from what you do, for years to come.

Good luck!

Great post, I think I can apply that to my difficulties as well. I've had to ideas floating around:

1 - sports jerseys
2 - sports equipment (hockey for example)

The problem with both is deciding who should I target? In the case of #1, probably collectors whereas #2 could have a few groups (parents, players, kids, etc).

Thanks again! Very helpful.

Hi Adammo,

I am not a hockey fan :), but you could actually target a few very good niches:

kids hockey can be a good one (you will focus to their parents obviously :) ). But I am not sure what else they might need: clothes, equipment, insurance what else? Hockey camps? Tickets to hockey? Would they want to improve their game by getting your low price ebook? Just think of at least 10 passions or problems they have (the ones you can help them with), and if you find them, that`s a good niche.

Don`t think about what you can sell. Think about at least 10 of their passions or problems. Then you will find what to sell. Or if you don`t, you will just create an ebook solving one of their problems.

Good luck!
Alex

Hi Adammo,

I am not a hockey fan :), but you could actually target a few very good niches:

kids hockey can be a good one (you will focus to their parents obviously :) ). But I am not sure what else they might need: clothes, equipment, insurance what else? Hockey camps? Tickets to hockey? Would they want to improve their game by getting your low price ebook? Just think of at least 10 passions or problems they have (the ones you can help them with), and if you find them, that`s a good niche.

Don`t think about what you can sell. Think about at least 10 of their passions or problems. Then you will find what to sell. Or if you don`t, you will just create an ebook solving one of their problems.

Good luck!
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks again. What is the best way to devote a site to a certain set of individuals? Should I include it in the URL name (for instance kidshockey.com), or web page title (Resource for helping Parents with Kids hockey equipment)?

Hi,

No problem at all. If I were you, I would not care that much about the website - I would just name it somehow so it`s obvious what it`s about, but nothing to think about a lot, for sure.

And for the website itself, I would just have one page - a squeeze page. Would write a cool, powerful ebook telling people something they want to know about hockey. They would submit their name and email address, and they`re on my list.

When people are on my list, I would send them some more cool stuff in the first 3-4 messages. Something they cannot easily find anywhere else. And on the 5th message or so - I would tell them about my new ebook on another hockey sub-topic, that I am selling for $11 ;). How many of them, do you think would buy? If your free report was good, you can actually sall 50% of the people. So if you get JUST 300 people on your list in the first week, you can make 150*11=$1650. In reality, as I assume you would be doing this for the first time, you would probably sell no more than to 30% people, but that`s still 90*11=$990. And that`s after just one week from the start. After that you send them some more cool tips etc, and then promote another paid ebook of yours. This time - a more expensive one. Again, I don`t know a thing about hockey, but your ebooks can list places online to get cheap, quality equipment. They can share some cool tips and strategies to better play the game, or something like that. That`s why I say you need to find at least 10 problems or passions - so you can solve them with your paid advice. Getting cheap quality equipment is just one of the problems.

This is absolutely easy to set up. And so profitable. And it`s PASSIVE income (you only set it all up once). I would not spend any time to set up a website. But that`s what I would do, maybe you have a better plan. Or maybe you just want to have a real website. Then sure, do it.

Good luck!

MI
Back