The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Multiple website or one Large one?

Pl0x

Right these are so very basic questions i must forewarn!

I would like to know what would be better;

- Having multiple websites running different niche's

or

- a large website (almost like an Amazon or Staples etc) that would then literally review loads of different products and then provide links.

I understand that running various websites means that i have to run lots of traffic to the respected ones & paying for the domain and hosting etc.

BUT

On the other hand i understand that running one large website will require more time and attention due to writing up lots of different reviews on many different products.

I am very much confused, any help would be absolutely great

Many thanks

Hi Pl0x,

Thanks for starting off with a great question.

Of the 2 options above, I vote for neither. :p

I do vote for one site, but not for an "everything but the kitchen sink" type of site. There are millions of online malls and large online stores. It's too hard to compete.

Many reasons for saying this and I can elaborate later if you really need me to, but for a WIDE VARIETY of reasons I suggest newbies pick ONE niche and build a site for the niche. The niche could have a variety of different products, possibly even a wide variety of products but everything would revolve around the niche and would appeal to people interested in that niche.

Read some of the stickies in our niche marketing forum about how to pick a niche and then read the stickies in our newbie forum about how to get started and I think everything will start to make more sense.

Then after you digest all that ask more specific questions and we'll try to help.

Its better to focus on one website and build it as big as possible and then create a blog to support it. Once its established you can set up a totally new site if you want and keep expanding your network to as big as you can handle.

And others will suggest that you build a blog first and gather a group of readers and an optin mailing list. In other words, different strokes for different folks. And I suspect, different niches might work better with different strategies.

it's better to make one site. Although it requires more time , your attention, maintenance and effort will only be in one website.

Here's a good post about the benefits of focusing on a single site, at least until it's successful.

<a href="http://www.clicknewz.com/2090/creating-websites-start-to-profit/">One Site, Two Sites, Three Sites? 12!</a>

Choose one project ? one website, one blog, one niche ? and complete the process. Dream it, research it, build it, promote it, tweak it, promote it some more. Live and breathe this one project until it is running at top potential, as automated as possible, with multiple streams of revenue...

NOW you have time, experience and money to begin a second project. Your experience with the first project makes this second project go up even faster, and operate even smoother. You reach your profit point much quicker.

Thanks for posting that article Linda...by reading this forum I am hopefully avoiding most of the newbie mistakes.

I already have 2 niche sites and ideas for many others...so I get the message! Stop....and focus on my main one for now.

Thanks for saving me some grief. :)

I think you have chosen te right option. Focus on one site. Take it to some degree of success i.e. getting traffic and conversions then apply your new found knowledge to your other site or sites ;)

I agree with the principle of many niche sites, but would say you also need to be making the first one successful and profitable before moving on to the next ;)

Could you guys spell it out for me? Lets say my niche is puppy training PuppyTraining.com and I've built a rich content site for that.

Assuming that the first site is up and running well and that each has unique content, is it beneficial to create feeder sites like ScottyPuppyTraining.com and BlackLabPuppyTraining.com?

Each has a blog with unique content and points to PuppyTraining.com, where the serious shopping is done.

Thanks again!
Bill

In order not to make things too complicated for yourself at the beginning, it is better to focus on only one site or blog, after bringing it to the limelight you can then think of adding more sites to it.

Could you guys spell it out for me? Lets say my niche is puppy training PuppyTraining.com and I've built a rich content site for that.

Assuming that the first site is up and running well and that each has unique content, is it beneficial to create feeder sites like ScottyPuppyTraining.com and BlackLabPuppyTraining.com?

Each has a blog with unique content and points to PuppyTraining.com, where the serious shopping is done.

Thanks again!
Bill

Sorry Bill, somehow I missed this Q last night.

Nope I wouldn't have feeder sites. I would have all that content on the main site. They could be subdomains like BlackLab.PuppyTraining.com if you want. OR they could simply be posts with the category being BlackLab or Scotty.

Categories would be much better in my mind because then every post you write gets cross linked in your category structure. The benefit to that is automatic deep linking for both spiders and visitors. A Black Lab owner may come to your site via the generic puppy training key word and hit your home page. But then in the category menu they see you have a section just for Black Labs and can navigate right to all your posts about Black Labs. It pulls them deeper into your site and they may see an affiliate link on the Black Labs page that wasn't on the home page so gives you more chances to make a sale.

Wow, very elegant. It allows the affiliate to go very wide while building a deep, rich site.
I get it!

Thanks! I tend to confuse myself sometimes, and there's no better place to get great feedback like this.
Bill

banners
Back