The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Multiple dashes in domain name

pow-wow

affiliate
Some webmasters said it's looks spammy having dashes in domain, then it is good for SEO purpose because it helps search engines accurately discern the keywords from the domain name.
Is it okay to register a domain with multiple dashes?

It depends. The domain name does not have benefit, it is the links pointing to it that gets the benefit.

Although this is eabted time after time.

There are considerations other than SEo however.

I always think one of the most important things about a domain name is that it should be "Memorable" or easy to remember. This in my opinion is more important (by far) than stuffing a domain name full of keywords.

Think of Amazon, they have a briliant name. Every schoolchild throughout the World learns about the Amazon River in geography. The most succesful selling site inthe world started life as an online bookshop yet amazon.com is nothing whatever to do with books.

Google also seems to largely ignore dashes. I was searching for some spyware recently where every other character in the domain was a dash. I couldn't find what I wanted because it kept finding versions of the name with less dashes.

I am all for it for example - see Delhiinn dot com and see Delhi-Inn dot com

See the difference! here the hyphen makes sense! Invariably the url without hyphen will always be mis-spelt the first time around!

Don't always think about the SE's bots - you have to make the url "user freindly" - so keep in mind the user! It is the user who is giving you business - not the SE bot or webmasters!

My 2c.

Some webmasters said it's looks spammy having dashes in domain, then it is good for SEO purpose because it helps search engines accurately discern the keywords from the domain name.
Is it okay to register a domain with multiple dashes?

banners
Back