The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Multiple Affiliate Program E-Commerce Purchases

ladesignz

affiliate
I am building a funeral planning and grief support portal/community and In most cases we have to utilize co-branded (2nd site) Web pages to complete affiliate transactions (i.e. Click from our site to purchase flowers on a co-branded 1-800-FLOWERS site) how could we encourage multiple transactions per site visitor?

I have thought about data feeds but Im not sure you they will allow you to complete transactions without the capability for some kind of API transfer of the sales data which is not likely in the vendors we need to use such as flowers, food, travel for a funeral planning portal.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations you may have

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tina,
From what I understand, you're looking for a way for the person on your site to purchase multiple products (via affiliate links) without needing to leave your site? Is that correct? If so, I can say I've heard of few programs where that's a possibility, though there are some which allow you to bypass sales pages and send people directly to check out.

Of the top of my head, there's one problem that would be presented with such a system, especially if you'll be promoting multiple merchants, and it's the problem of payment processing. Who would process the payments for each of these merchants?

Unfortunately, it looks as though you may need to dabble in drop-shipping or doing something independently with each affiliate merchant. I could be wrong and maybe someone else could shed some light.

~ Teli

You know I kind of knew that already but wanted to post it somewhere to confirm I was right. For some reason I was thinking you could do a data feed with host and post - which would post transaction data back via an API but that would only work for one merchent not multiple merchants and then only if they allowed that type of processing which is hard to find.

Thanks for answering though! :)

No problem, I'm just sorry I couldn't bring brighter news. :/

(It would be a pretty cool feature, though. Wouldn't it?)

MI
Back