The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

MSN Earth to rival Google Earth?

temi

affiliate
Microsoft has bought Multimap, MS spokes person was quoted as saying the UK Multimaps was bought to expand MS Live.
Multimap, which was established in 1996, is among the UK's top 10 visited websites, receiving more than 10 million users each month.

I think MS bought this because of the success of Google Earth.

What do you think about this acquisition?

To be honest, I don't use Google Earth, so I highly doubt I'll use MSN's version. However,
it is interesting to see Microsoft getting into these areas. I wonder what's next...

They are quite determined to grab knock Yahoo off the number two spot in the search market. They seem to be copying all Googles successful applications or buying company with such technology.

I don't use Google Earth either but I was REALLY REALLY amazed when I was in Romania a few months ago ... they person I was staying with, one of my staff (misi) showed me my house and the sorunding area on Google Earth, was mightily impressed.

Umm now that is an interesting move in my opinion. This kind of aquisitions are the ones that prove that a company is willing to invest more and more in order to grab the next place in the top.

I am quite eager to see what will happen next.

I am VERY into GIS and believe it is the future of the web. (one of the reasons I am retiring from SEO) I believe that maps and search are the gateway to local search, CERTAINLY they are the future for tourism.

In my book, you should always aim for the top spot not for #2

Buy you should also be realistic, and what their spokes person aimed for was to be the top two, I was the one who sort of think the only realistic post for them in the next 5 years can only be number two, not number one just yet

Good point about being "#1" Temi. And I just want to add Stock_post, that what I do for
my sites is not set a goal of being #1 (albeit I want that, and will achieve it with hard
work and prayer :) ), but by setting the goal of making whatever project I'm working on
the best I can get it. I compete with myself, and not others. I do see what others are
using, and trends they set, but in the end, I always just compete with myself...

MI
Back