Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Most annoying ad format

AdSpyglass

Service Manager
Service Manager
AdSpyglass
Question is whats the most annoying ad format for you as a surfer?:mad:

For example popunder (and its varieties like tabunder).
It's no secret that this one is the most profitable format for publishers, and users are already used to it, as a their fee for free content. Using popunder on your websites?

Other example - fake download buttons on banners. Even adsense sins with such creatures on sites with files, such as download.cnet:confused:

Do you use any ad block? How effective is yours?

I use Adblock Plus with Firefox -- this website is whitelisted.
Self defense from 'internet garbage.'
(x) Strict
Stronger protection, may cause some sites to break.Known trackers in all windows
Third-party tracking cookies, Cryptominers, Fingerprinters​
Works 99% ;)
tux-linux-by-deiby-ybied-d70w4xk.png

I will use Chrome (this machine's Chrome doesn't have any extensions -- runs in developer mode) to see as the common user would.
Inspect a domain/site for whatever.

I use Adblock Plus with Firefox -- this website is whitelisted.
Self defense from 'internet garbage.'
(x) Strict
Stronger protection, may cause some sites to break.Known trackers in all windows
Third-party tracking cookies, Cryptominers, Fingerprinters​
Works 99% ;)
tux-linux-by-deiby-ybied-d70w4xk.png

I will use Chrome (this machine's Chrome doesn't have any extensions -- runs in developer mode) to see as the common user would.
Inspect a domain/site for whatever.
And how about most annoying ad? or you haven't seen it for ages?:)

Advertisers
Haven't seen them ;)
I hope people (advertisers) are not being charged for the ads I don't see (in reality) ...

I find the browser push ads annoying that you would subscribe to. I have deleted 'most/all' of those subscriptions.

But I am not the 'normal browser'
  • Like my neighbor says: I work on the computer :D
  • He trims trees -- different concepts of what is work.
He approaches the internet as a toy or entertainment like many do ;)
Advertisers usually pay for every landing page loaded, to my experience 80% of popunder users close window before full page loado_O

Haven't seen them ;)
I hope people (advertisers) are not being charged for the ads I don't see (in reality) ...

I find the browser push ads annoying that you would subscribe to. I have deleted 'most/all' of those subscriptions.

But I am not the 'normal browser'
  • Like my neighbor says: I work on the computer :D
  • He trims trees -- different concepts of what is work.
He approaches the internet as a toy or entertainment like many do ;)

I aways confuse to close the real page and keep the popunder tab... It happens to me all the time. I don't know when when popunder load it open new tab and also open another tab my real page that why i aways confuse to close the real page.

banners
Back