The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

More newbie questions

epmarshall

affiliate
Hey Luke,

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions here, it's much appreciated. My questions are newbie ones. I'll get right into them.

Can you explain any relevant rules on creatives? Do you need to get custom creatives approved for every campaign? Or is this just for offers that require approval to run in the first place? Also, if I slightly tweak my already-approved creatives, do I need to get them approved all over again? Anything you share on this will be beneficial.

Next one. How do you know if an offer is bad or has already run its course on a given traffic source? It's hard to identify whether bad campaigns are due to newbie mistakes or bad offers.

Thanks again.

The rules with creatives depend on the network and a lot of times with the client. There are some advertisers that don't really care what creative you use to promote their product as long as you're not being misleading (and some will even turn their eye on that, but I don't recommend it).

So, talk to your affiliate manager to see what the network's policy is. For PeerFly, we prefer that you get all your creatives reviewed. Small tweaks that don't change your message shouldn't really be an issue. I prefer to get all my creatives approved because that's my insurance that I'm going to get paid. If they said I can do it and have proof then you can use that as leverage if there were an issue.

The only way to know what kind of results you're going to see from a campaign is to actually run it. We have a lot of offers that explode at first, get saturated a bit, traffic slows down because there's a bidding war, and then a few weeks later we see another surge. It depends on the source and offer :)

banners
Back