The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Money Making "Gurus" - I hate'em

CodeMaster67

affiliate
Now we all see these videos these days about gurus who are supposedly making more than 6 figures a day and all that, they are all the same,they show you fancy crap and tell you that they are the real deal. Then they charge you tell you all these " secrets". Only reason anyone would follow them is that they are not even aware of how slick these guys are getting these days. It makes me sick.

I have read so many "guru," ways to make money online and many of it seems too good to be true. Or I'll get all excited about doing some of the things and find out it's "black hat," and that you can get yourself banned from adsense or something else, or that what they're saying doesn't work it really annoying!

Freelancing and Affiliate Marketing are surely the good ways to earn money online.

Agreed, most of them are phonies, but some of them are actually legit, and offer webinars for a very cheap price which you can learn a lot from. Mostly everyone is lying their way into sales even when they're a complete idiot when it comes to SEO.

I only read the free ebooks those "Gurus" publish but I only read them to get a few tips and pointers. I don't really trust when they say they are earning six figures easily.

What amazes me is how many experts there are out there who make a fortune by giving advice on things they don't even do. And people don't see through it. They don't realize that this person didn't get wealthy or become successful by doing the thing he's teaching, he did it by selling that "teaching". It seems to be especially common in the writing field... Writers with few publishing credits of their own making good money on the claim that they can help new/struggling writers sell articles.

What amazes me is how many experts there are out there who make a fortune by giving advice on things they don't even do. And people don't see through it. They don't realize that this person didn't get wealthy or become successful by doing the thing he's teaching, he did it by selling that "teaching". It seems to be especially common in the writing field... Writers with few publishing credits of their own making good money on the claim that they can help new/struggling writers sell articles.

I agree. This is also true with the latest craze over Kindle. We see so many gurus and their JV partners promoting products that are supposed to enable you to get books on Kindle as fast as possible, usually through outsourcing. As with other such products it seems obvious that if it were so easy to get monetary success with Kindle the gurus would be quietly publishing instead of promoting products to teach others to publish!

It seems that sooner rather than later Amazon will wise up and crack down as they did a few years ago when people were publishing Kindle books that were comprised of PLR content.

It's funny. If they are truly making so much money, why do they want to charge us such "small" fee for listen to their secret?

If it is truly a working secret, why would they want to share it with others to create potential competitors?

I am not buying into such nonsense lol.

Even when I was a kid, I have heard a funny story (maybe fake) about how one guy saw an advertising on the newspaper about get rich quick, but it required a $10 to be mailed to the guy who was selling the "secret". So he sent the $10. In return, he received a letter from the seller of the secret and told him "Just do what I do" LOL!

Well there's a saying that those who can't do teach. Maybe that's the case with many gurus out there. But they all are so convincing that they do are making a fortune.

It's always the same concept. They make money with telling people how to make money. Some of them are quite good, others are just useless. But when you go through them at all you can learn even with the free things.

I hate that stuff too. That is the big reason I started my blog. I post monthly and even yearly income reports to give people a more realistic idea of how well you can do. Last year I only made around $600 for the ENTIRE year...which was better than the previous two years where (if I recall, without looking up those posts) I made around $300 a year. It's all just extra cash for me so people that put a ton of effort into it could probably make more but probably not a lot more.

Those gurus are all full of it. If it was so easy to make tons of money then everyone would be doing it.

I hate that stuff too. That is the big reason I started my blog. I post monthly and even yearly income reports to give people a more realistic idea of how well you can do. Last year I only made around $600 for the ENTIRE year...which was better than the previous two years where (if I recall, without looking up those posts) I made around $300 a year. It's all just extra cash for me so people that put a ton of effort into it could probably make more but probably not a lot more.

Those gurus are all full of it. If it was so easy to make tons of money then everyone would be doing it.

I like your approach. Guru's always talk about six number figures but never actually show them. I prefer reading real life methods by average people just like me because those are the ones I know are working.

There are good things we can learn from them, but mostly they are also trying to earn at our expenses, every time we check their videos they are earning and some poor people might even get to pay them to learn what? That they were scammed?

I have never seen the point in reading the works of these supposed gurus. If they really are as successful as they claim, then why are they still working?

Although I did see one with a rather good angle. He marketed himself as a marketing failure who lost his investment money through a series of bad decisions. His book was about learning some things not to do.

There are good things we can learn from them, but mostly they are also trying to earn at our expenses, every time we check their videos they are earning and some poor people might even get to pay them to learn what? That they were scammed?

Yes, I agree completely. I think the real lesson is in how the gurus market. They build huge mailing lists -- proving the money is in the list -- as they sell these products to people who are in some cases quite desperate to make an online income. They present themselves as authorities with knowledge and insight so important and so valuable we are supposed to pay for it and be grateful for the opportunity to learn the "secrets!"

That's the "desperate buyers" strategy. Identify what people need and want and give them what seems to be the solution.

I disagree, often times these online gurus make themselves out to be much much more successful than they actually are. Claiming to have accomplished incredible things and that anyone could do it with just a few tips that they just happen to be selling. It just doesn't work that way. Success takes hard work and even if it was as simple as reading a $15 eBook, the real gurus would not be parting with their secrets so easily.

Actually I don't deny there are useful ebooks etc. out there for tips on become successful in... something.
But when it comes to make big money, I don't think it is that simple. Or everyone on this planet would be super rich by now.

Even when a ebook talks about real useful tips on making money, it is really not that easy to make use of it. It often takes money and effort to make money... at least it takes more than the amount most of those readers are willing to put into it in order to make it work.

Myself for example, I am willing to share some non-important tips, but when it comes to some really super secret tips that can potentially create competitions for me, I refuse to tell it to anyone besides my own family.

I disagree, often times these online gurus make themselves out to be much much more successful than they actually are. Claiming to have accomplished incredible things and that anyone could do it with just a few tips that they just happen to be selling. It just doesn't work that way. Success takes hard work and even if it was as simple as reading a $15 eBook, the real gurus would not be parting with their secrets so easily.

I agree with what you say and that was what I meant too, the scam is actually when people waste their time and money watching them!

I like that approach. Honesty. What a novel concept!

I maintain a semi-personal blog that chronicles my online earning methods, among other things, and I find that I get a lot of traffic on posts pertaining to earning online so obviously there is an audience for that content. But I don't think that you or I are giving them what they want. People don't want to hear that earning a living online takes time, effort, patience, and dedication any more than they want to hear that losing weight takes careful attention to calorie intake and commitment to regular exercise. The "magic bullet" sells better than the truth, even when it doesn't work.

MI
Back