The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Monetizing Blogger account

plutarkosy

affiliate
I am looking for insights and experiences of people using the Blogger platform to monetize their content using AdSense.

As of right now, I am not allowed to use AdSense because this newly created blog doesn't have the necessary requisites for me to activate it, the thing is that, even to this day I can't figure out what those requisites are beyond maybe being active for 6 months, the information they give you is cryptic and not very helpful.

Should I use another platform before committing to actually start posting regularly on this blog?

It's normally not easy for new blogs that don't as yet get much traffic to get Google adsense approval. That however shouldn't stop your from monetizing as you improve it is it can be approved when you apply for an adsense account.

Many good networks require publishers to own a top-level domain. In order to qualify you'll need to register and domain and use it as your custom domain name on blogger.

That said, there are ad networks that approve all sites but you won't make much money as their rates are too low.

In the meantime though you could try Chitika.

I would just focus on traffic generation and making sure your domain name is okay. In the mean time maybe try some affiliate links or something. Promote a bit more and hopefully you can be approved.

It's normally not easy for new blogs that don't as yet get much traffic to get Google adsense approval. That however shouldn't stop your from monetizing as you improve it is it can be approved when you apply for an adsense account.

Many good networks require publishers to own a top-level domain. In order to qualify you'll need to register and domain and use it as your custom domain name on blogger.

That said, there are ad networks that approve all sites but you won't make much money as their rates are too low.

In the meantime though you could try Chitika.

Thanks, I was not planning to make a living out of this, more like some disposable income like 30 or 40 bucks a month.

I chose Blogger precisely because they are owned by Google and had direct integration with AdSense, as far as I know if you host a free blog using Wordpress you can't monetize the content, but looks like there is no free lunch and that at least a minimum investment on a domain name is required. At least I am writing original content.

I would just focus on traffic generation and making sure your domain name is okay. In the mean time maybe try some affiliate links or something. Promote a bit more and hopefully you can be approved.

Right now I am using adf.ly but I am sure that thousands of clicks are required before I see any money from that. I don't get this blogger thing because I also have a YouTube channel that was easy to monetize form day one. I've only made like 4 cents but still... :D

Blogger is a free blogging platform from Google. If you have gmail, you can easily set up your account. Since blogger is Google's product, getting Adsense for blogger is very easy. After pulished just about 20 posts and getting at least 100 visits every day, apply for Adsense. If you have original contents, believe me you will be easily accepted for Adsense.

Blogger is a free Google blogging platform. Hence blogger is Google's product, getting Google Adsense for blogger is not difficult. If you post original contents, its veryeasily accepted for Adsense.

banners
Back