The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Microsoft Releases Public Avalon Tech Preview

O

ovi

News.com has a couple stories on the next iteration of Windows, Longhorn on their site today. Two of the most public features are the revamped graphics engine and the file system, WinFS, which will not be debuting with the OS. I'm not usually too keen on Microsoft bashing - despite all their problems, I do not think that Windows XP and 2000 are that bad but some of the statements they make are pretty ridiculous
The main difference is that newer graphics drivers in Longhorn allow for better performance and newer hardware. With Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, users might see slower performance, fewer shades of gray or less 3D animation, Montgomery [a director in Microsoft's developer division] said.
Yeah okay. It is interesting though that they are bringing Avalon to Windows XP. Might be a good time to pick up some stock in NVIDIA and ATI as this will probably compel the billions of users still on DX7 cards to upgrade.

Thanks For this new Ovi,
I'm a MS lover and I believe that the first step to greatness is the dream.
What you see as common today was seen as outrageous less than a decade ago.
I like the stock tip though.

Funny, I though PC Operating System means "system that helps you operate (as apposed to look at) a PC"... and of course I think most important atributes of an OS are: stability, power, accuracy, security, clean design and maybe last how good it looks.

Could a Windows user please help me correct my vision of things... :)

MI
Back