The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Microsoft Expression Web

temi

affiliate
Microsoft Expression Web seem to be gaining popularity among web designers. Dreamweaver has been "The" web design environment for many years now, I wonder if Expression web" will catch up with dreamweaver lead in the web design tools market.

I am looking for an experience and enthusiastic expression web use to do a detailed post on this web design tool for UK WW.

Please update this thread or send me an PM if you can help with an article on expression web.

Thanks

Dreamweaver is pretty standard, but some smaller easier programs to use can still be useful, like web page maker. I haven't used expression yet.

Many of us just code our pages in notepad, or editors like notepad++. The majority of which I've spoken to, say that they spend most their time in Source View anyway.

Experience is what makes WYSIWYG editors useless in practice, as many of us simply copy and paste code from older projects. Many beginners try to obtain these tools, thinking that they are the way to go, only to get frustrated and in the end learn the standards.

I don't think we should advertise for them freely, as there are free alternatives which gets the job done equally or better then these editors. Also, shurely those companies can afford to pay the price if they want us to advertise for them?

Editors like DW, Photoshop, or expression, is not something i would list on my website, unless i at least was provided with a free edition of the editor to use, and even then i would still be very quick to criticize disadvantages.

There seam to be a much greater potential in hand-coding at the moment, because even if these tools catch up, those using them would still need to learn how to hand-code, and on top of that they also need to learn how to use the given editors. The point where we don't need to know the standards, seam currently to far ahead. Especially since the standards ain't fully supported, nor fully developed yet.

Last edited:
That would of cause depend on the size of the site, normal static sites would be over hundred. That would go for smaller CMS solutions as well, Potentially hundreds, because its usually a matter of just copying and pasting code from old projects.

Also, most web designers are unlikely to code more then one/day, and even more experience that there are far between their clients.

Its almost pointless not to re-use old code, its like re-inventing the weal for each client.

I have been using Expression Web for some time now and must say it's great. You might laugh but I think one of the best features is that it actually immediately highlights spelling errors.. Sounds stupid, I know but it's one of the things that really annoyed me with dreamweaver.

If the topic is not dead yet and we can post (and this is for those who are new and reading it now :p):

I have used dreamweaver, sharepoint designer 2007, frontpage 2003 and Microsoft Expression Web.. I must say Expression web is way more awesome than any other WYSIWYG editors. Maybe because of many new and advanced features and it makes it more easier for the coder to use the Design, Split or Code mode. (I mostly use Split mode because it exactly tells you what you are doing.)
By the way anyone who needs a WYSIWYG editor: Microsoft expression web is the best. But if you are a coder and only use the Code mode in any editor, I recommend you use Notepad++ but I highly recommend Expression Web ... because it mostly completes the codes and gives you suggestions and saves a lot of time for you!
Hope it helps :)

banners
Back