The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Microsoft certification

temi

affiliate
Microsoft certification used to be highly regarded in the IT world a few years ago, you only need to say you have MCSE and companies will line up to employ you, is it still so in the IT job market?

Temi

I know the IT guys at Wells Fargo Bank have to have it, my best friend is a problem chaser there at the bank.

Personally, Im sick of MS. I know this isnt the place, or the time, but from time to time I need to rant. Why the heck should we as consumers have to be constantly downlaoding ad blockers and re-booting our systems to avoid the evil MS allows?

Someone PLEASE save us from this :cry:

Ok Im done, and I feel better now :lol:

Eric

Eric,
I am gland you go that out of your chest. But you should also look at the positive things MS has done and contributed to computing, once of them is that because MS is so dominant you do not have to worry too much about interoperability between the various platforms.

If you work closely with people who use a non MS system you will know what I mean, its a pain.
Temi

I agree Temi, but dont you think it is dirty to allow spam to be thrown in the face of your own customers?

I know MS gives us a great product, but the buck should stop there. Im over it. :wink: :D

Eric,
But SP2 has addressed most of the Spam issues and MS (though very slow to respond) always respond to user request.

You can imaging how difficult it will be to roll out patches and other stuff for operating systems as huge and diverse at MS has in its portfolio?

I am not saying MS Is perfect but they try as hard as possible to satisfy their customers.
Temi

But SP2 has addressed most of the Spam issues and MS (though very slow to respond) always respond to user request.

ok Im onboard now. I just recently lost a lot of good stuff with a re-boot, some of it was probably my own fault for not properly backing it up. It just bugs me that I had to do it to begin with. Life goes on. :D

Sorry to hear about your lost data but very pleased you now seem to have some "sympathy for the devil" called MS :)
Temi

I like to look at the big picture...

20+ years ago, I remember DOS. Ugghhh... :roll:

Then, about 15 years ago, here comes windows. Wow, something the avg Joe could figure out.

And now, today, with almost ZERO PC knowledge, I feed my family using MS Windows.

Sure, it has it's bugs. But considering the alternative, I'm glad B.G. dropped out of college and started that MONOPOLY :lol:

Paul

Yes,
Its nice for him he started the Monopoly, I just wish I beat him to it, I will have a very healthu bank account :)

temi said:
Eric,
You can imaging how difficult it will be to roll out patches and other stuff for operating systems as huge and diverse at MS has in its portfolio?
Temi

I can :)

My Slackware Linux takes 3,7G. An upgrade from slackware 9.1 to Slackware 10.0 took around 45 minutes (I have a "slow" CPU only 600MHz, still fast enough for my needs though... :)). I actually didn't have too much to upgrade, all the critical parts were already kept to date, by slapt-get. That is a tiny little extremely usefull tool that checks on the Internet and downloads and installs new packages if necessary. My system includes several desktop managers to choose from (http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=screenshots&lang=en, http://themes.freshmeat.net/screenshots/36636/38923/, http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/teams/marketing/en/2004/two-eight-screenshots/html/index.html), several different compilers and scripting languages (C/C++, Perl, Python, PHP) database servers (MySQL both version 3.x and 4x, PostgreSQL, Berkley DB), Apache server, a lot of other servers (mail, DNS, ssh, FTP, NFS, samba, etc.), text editors, web browsers, multimedia programs, etc... still upgrade between two major releases has caused me less pain then installing a driver on win. (I didn't have to reboot... :) )

A well managed huge OS is a piece of cake to keep up-to-date, just think of the servers that you run your bussiness on that are Enterprise level, and still are kept up-to-date while they are running and users are logged in or browsing the sites...

But M$ is learning from Linux each day (http://www.techworld.com/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=displaynews&newsid=828), so there is hope for windows users too... :)

banners
Back