The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Maxmind geoip doesn't work anymore

lorenzo

Anyone knows what happens with the Maxmind's free Javascript geolocation tool. It doesn't work anymore and I don't know if it's something temporary or the service is going to be discontinued.

Thanks!

Anyone knows what happens with the Maxmind's free Javascript geolocation tool. It doesn't work anymore and I don't know if it's something temporary or the service is going to be discontinued.

Thanks!

I haven't used it in a long time but on mobile traffic it was it not giving the correct location of the visitor.

This:

<script src="http://j.maxmind.com/app/geoip.js"></script>
Your city is: <script language="JavaScript">document.write(geoip_city());</script>

doesn't work anymore since yesterday.

They have another free option which it might work but I must download their database and do some setups on my server. This was the easy way to work with geoip location

Yea, they don't support it anymore.

The AffKit geo-location tool inside The Dojo uses a new service which seems that is more accurate than maxmind db, at least on my tests.

Yea, they don't support it anymore.

The AffKit geo-location tool inside The Dojo uses a new service which seems that is more accurate than maxmind db, at least on my tests.

Cool. Have u tested it on mobile?
Maxmind wasn't accurate on mobile.

Cool. Have u tested it on mobile?
Maxmind wasn't accurate on mobile.

I asked a few of my friends from different locations to test the service on mobile and desktop before implementing on AffKit and it gave very good results. I can't say for sure how will work for everyone but seems that's more accurate than maxmind. The feedback from AffKit users will tell in the end.

MI
Back