The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Matt Cutts talks about why having a mini-niche is good

Rock on! Just wrote an article about big vs small niche sites on my blog a week or so ago.

He makes a great point regarding the speed of changes and not having to get a consensus from a lot of different people to get one thing accomplished. Although, the act itself, I'm not sure why it'd take so long to make a change.. isn't everyone using CMS' today? :eek:;)

With Matt Cutts you really need to read between the lines on many of his videos. The one where he says Google puts no more authority on links coming from .edu to .gov backlinks is laughable because Google has special programs to teach librarians and government officials how to link out on to quality websites.

With Matt Cutts you really need to read between the lines on many of his videos. The one where he says Google puts no more authority on links coming from .edu to .gov backlinks is laughable because Google has special programs to teach librarians and government officials how to link out on to quality websites.

I totally and empahatically disagree. There has never been any evidence that edu links per se convey any special benefit, just as there has never been any evidence that a DMOZ link was worth more than any other link.

The average webmaster cannot get an EDU link on a main page, which is where all the PR (or authority) is. So s/he stresses about trying to buy edu links from an enterprising student peddling links from www.somecollege.edu/student123456/mypages/linkspage.html assuming that will convey some magic. In fact, it's pretty much totally useless as a backlink.

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back