The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Marketing Small Apps?

mdvelops

affiliate
I can see how marketing a larger app would be easier, as you build a site/landing page and a few social media pages to discuss it and get it hyped and stuff...

...but what about a smaller app, like a simple game or two? I have a few of these but they aren't worth creating an entire site or something from it. I have used Twitter but it hasn't done much since I only have a few thousand followers. Maybe a more generic Facebook page that does tech/computer posts and once in a while throw up the ad for the app?

Anybody have experience marketing small apps?

According to that report, “78 percent of these small business owners believe that their company’s use of mobile apps saves time for the owner. On a weekly basis, these small business owners estimate that they save an average of 5.6 hours (a median of 4.0 hours) due to their firm’s use of mobile apps.”

1. Trello
2. Yelp
3. Facebook Pages Manager
4. Twitter
5. LinkedIn
6. Fiverr
7. Perka
8. Kanvas
9. AdWords
10. Google My Business app
11. The GetResponse app

That covers the essential apps, but it’s not every one. Did I maybe miss your favorite marketing app? If any of your favorite apps aren’t mentioned here, please, give us a shout out in the comments. Make your contribution to this list.

iPhone Application Development Company

I have never marketed apps, and I don't have any experience of app marketing. However, I think it is better to market small apps. Instead of creating a site to market handful of small apps,why don't you choose a niche and market apps on that niche. For instance, you can choose Arcade game as your niche and create a website feature apps related to arcade game.

I have never marketed apps, and I don't have any experience of app marketing. However, I think it is better to market small apps. Instead of creating a site to market handful of small apps,why don't you choose a niche and market apps on that niche. For instance, you can choose Arcade game as your niche and create a website feature apps related to arcade game.

That's KIND of what I'm doing?

Well, all the apps I'm working on are simple games like that. I guess I could make a site that markets them since they are all similar. But I would still be starting with minimal traffic. But marketing a smaller app set sounds like more of a grind, but I'm willing to give it a shot. I guess a good niche/theme is a good base to start with.

Try to find out a niche where nobody or very fewer marketers is working on. Find out what they are promoting and how they are promoting then you can easily beat them ;).

You can market you small app with Google Adwords, Facebook ads, Twitter ads and other PPC ads beside you can use email marketing to do so. Make sure you have the good alnding page for you app which describe all the benefits in short.

You can market you small app with Google Adwords, Facebook ads, Twitter ads and other PPC ads beside you can use email marketing to do so. Make sure you have the good alnding page for you app which describe all the benefits in short.

I suppose I could consider that if the price is right. Although i was looking at more free stuff, and since I don't have a website or anything a lot of what you mentioned doesn't do me any good.

At OP, you'll need a web page where you'll send visitors who may be interested in buying the apps you want to sell. You'll have info anyone might want to know about the games on this page. Your next step would be to promote this page you've created everywhere on the net but focus on communities where those who may want to buy the apps hang out. If it's on Facebook, find out where people who are into mobile gaming hang out - - they'll always be somewhere.

I also like Vinaya's suggestion. Find similar apps and promote them too. That way if someone may not want to buy your app, they could buy another app and you'd make money anyway.

Well, for me, your app must first have a catchy name and an appealing logo. Include the screenshots required but make it very clear and quite the synopsis of your app.

Then I'd suggest building a site for your app. It has to have some description about your app and what customers can get out of it. Having a testimonials section in the site would also be nice.

Then, you can also create a blog that would hype up your app. Create some nice articles regarding your app and use keywords. Or you can even ask other bloggers to review your app for you.

You'd also have ask the users for ratings so that you'll have a higher rank in the app or play store. Good luck!

The blog is an idea I've heard but building it up to a reputable audience would take time. I think after a few smaller apps I'll just make a website for them. Thanks though! I've done all the logo/name/screenshot stuff :)

I can see how marketing a larger app would be easier, as you build a site/landing page and a few social media pages to discuss it and get it hyped and stuff...

...but what about a smaller app, like a simple game or two? I have a few of these but they aren't worth creating an entire site or something from it. I have used Twitter but it hasn't done much since I only have a few thousand followers. Maybe a more generic Facebook page that does tech/computer posts and once in a while throw up the ad for the app?

Anybody have experience marketing small apps?

1) Make sure you do App Store Optimization, and MeshBean can definitely help. By ranking better on App Store organically it will bring in the installs.

2)list your app on app review websites like AppStoreApps etc.

3) run a contest in which it can encourage people to share it on social media

4) find reputable social media that can mentioned about your website, so find groups that cater to your app.

5) integrate social media within the app to entice social media sharing

.but what about a smaller app, like a simple game or two?

If your games a good, consider shooting an email or message to YouTubers that cover this type of stuff. For instance, the guy from the channel vsauce 3 does a series of videos called "DONG" and he promotes mobile apps.

I don't know if these promotions are paid, and don't know what's the criteria he uses for selecting what to showcase on his videos, but if you game is interesting enough it may worth the shot to try to send it to him (The guy always racks a couple million views on each video)

Hi,

Following is introduction to our business you can go through our website

Get Stylish, Let others find out where you got your new look, Read Experiences, Find & directly call Salons Nail Spas Tattoo Studios near you, Best Discounts & Offers.

See the work done at your nearest beauty parlour, unisex salon, beautician, nail & tattoo studios, nutritionist, beauty clinics on TheChairr.

Our Mission: Enabling Beauty, Grooming and Wellness Business owners as well as managers do business efficiently.

TheChairrSays is your one-stop-resource for industry insights. Help keep yourself updated with trends and requirements!

To know more visit thechairr.com

Hi mdvelops,
If you want reaching your product to many customers in less time, try to send campaigns about your product it helps to reach out many target audiences. Any further need I give some more ideas.

banners
Back