The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Marketing efforts for Two very diffrent blogs

moCASH

Hey I just wanted to share some frustrations and success I have had marketing a personal blog under vs a Niche blog.

I am sure I will have more to say on this thread as I improve both blogs but for now I can tell you depending on what your Niche is you should consider different marketing efforts.

For example my personal blog seemed straight forward as it was about affiliate marketing and Making money online (MMO) a rather over saturated Niche. This site started out as a vehicle to sell my new eBook. I worked very hard on the eBook and it pained me to move towards using the site as my Blog/social marketing HUB. The promotion of that is mostly through social marketing (I love friend feed & Twitter) and I also just use it myself as a homepage for things I am interested in.

The Niche Blog was made for a vehicle for experimenting with affiliate marketing , new techniques , and monetization. Probably all the wrong reasons to start and run a Blog - but hey I am a Marketer - I find creativity in making money online. The content is updated daily and is of decent quality and is all original. The Marketing of this blog has been more challenging and I am still sorting it out. I have had success with Stumble Upon traffic at $.05 per click. The people on SU are great and will let you know in voting if your site is of good quality. So far my blog is voted 76% good.

I have been marketing online and involved in online marketing for 12 years and what works for some projects won't work for others - and sometimes you can approach the same marketing efforts differently. For Example maybe I can still use friend feed & twitter and develop a personality for the Niche blog and not a personality for any one person at the blog.

Well that's all for now - please let me know your thoughts ,successes , failures you all have had with your projects.

-moCASH

banners
Back