The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Making money by blogging without AdSense

hogwarts

affiliate
Hey, guys! I'm thinking of starting a blog to make some extra cash. I know that AdSense is the most commonly used way to make money through blogging, but I also know that it takes a while to qualify for an AdSense account. I'm definitely willing to put in the effort to get my blog up to the standard that Google is looking for, but I would also like to have something in place that can allow me to make money off my blog in the interim. Are there any good ways to make money off a blog without having an AdSense account that I can use until I qualify for an account?

I don't know if Google Adsense will allow these if you will apply soon but you can try sponsored blogging. There are sites that will pay you to post reviews on your blog. I just don't know if Google will allow this when you apply for an Adsense but that's one way to make money without the use of Adsense.

In addition, there's still some other ways to make money without using Adsense but you can use its alternative which is chitika and adhits I guess. They are still of the same methods to make money like Adsense. Just google it to find more info about those two.

You can also display ads from media.net. Those ads are from the Yahoo! Bing Network. I believe they are the biggest competition to Google Adsense.

Another method is to promote affiliate products through your blog posts. I can recommend you the Amazon Associates program. There you get a share of every item people bought at amazon through your links.

Not only does it take a while to qualify for Adsense, there is a bit of a probability that you will be shut out of the program if you violate its Terms of Service - even accidentally. So, it would be in all bloggers' best interest to delve in other monetization strategies, as it is good practice to have a diverse income stream in the event of failure in one. They also work together to net you higher profits than you might have gotten with any one of them alone.

On that note, I agree with protoboard in that you can sign up for Yahoo's program, which is likely the best thing next to Adsense for advertising programs. It's a lot easier to qualify for it (my latest site qualified in only 10 days from start-up) and the payout per click is good, too. Their TOS isn't as helplessly strict, either, so there is no need to worry about being banned from an accident or things out of your control.

Selling ad space is a good option if you can convince any local businesses and such to do so, but you will probably need a certain amount of higher traffic coming to your site to more easily sell that space, and it is much more reliable than any one ad program alone. One of my sites gets 50k visitors per month, and I've managed to sell ad space for a nice $850 per unit, which is an entire mortgage or rent payment right there. I highly suggest you consult with local businesses, even small businesses, and egg them on to buy your ad space even if you're only average a few hundred viewers per month. I would not underestimate this, because if you can manage to put things into perspective for them (provided you aren't a shy person), you can easily convince them to buy your adspace by, say, comparing how much money they spent advertising in malls or on billboards for a few hundred people to see vs. advertising on your site for a few thousand people to see.

There are other ad networks that you can apply for. Of course, they are not as profitable as Google Adsense. Check out Chitika, AdBrite, and Kontera. There are others. Do a search online.

You can use Amazon. Also, you can put up ClickBank banner ads.

There are other affiliate sites you can use in order to generate traffic in order to promote or sell certain products. Also, there are websites where you can upload images, and then anyone who clicks it will be a lead, and off of 1k leads or so you make a certain amount of money depending on the rates the site goes by. You can also do this with links to different ads too, but I'm not sure if it's the same as AdSense.

I think if you're planning on signing up with Adsense then you'd have to keep in mind that the temporary ads you will be placing might affect your chances. The safest at this point, I'd say, would be Amazon, since I have seen some blogs that have both Adsense and Amazon affiliate ads, I doubt Google minds sharing space with them.

The best way to monetize highly depends on your niche. Adsense is a great way to monetize almost any content, but if you can't get accepted yet I'd suggest you try Yahoo or Bing ads (im currently doing so myself). And you can always find some related products on amazon or clickbank. In clickbank's case you should pay attention to what you are promoting, since there are a lot of products that will give you a high refund rate, especially in the 'make money online' niche and you don't want that.

Adsense is definitely NOT the gold mine. They ban people randomly based on the false alarm of their very flawed bot system. The also won't make you rich even if you don't get banned. There are tons of other ways to monetize a blog. Even for Pay Per Click based ad networks, there is media.net (as someone already mentioned in this thread, it's serving ads for Bing and yahoo).

For CPM based ad networks, you have TribalFusion, ValueClick Media, etc.

For ad space rental, you have BuySellAds and OIO Publisher.

There are also affiliation programs and other stuff out there. Don't relay on Adsense, or you will find your income disappear overnight for no reason.

I have heard quite a lot about AdSense randomly dismissing their users and not paying out what they owe. For me the service became unusable and I closed down my account to receive the remaining funds in there. I had not reached the payout of $100, but did not want to lose the $50 that I had already accumulated, so I believe that closing the account was my only option. However, there are many success stories online about people who have used AdSense, so maybe there is some potential with the service, but just not for me.

There are a lot of different programs, but trust me, AdSense is the best one. Money wise AND easiness wise.

Wrong!

Adsense doesn't make your the best money online. If you actually believe in the Adense propaganda, then you are still just a newbie in online monetizing. lol...

Adsense might be easy to use... as you just throw a few banners on your web site and hope people will click.
It doesn't pay you the best rate. If you believe their rate is the best, then you've only tried a few third rate ad networks and think they are all you can have as alternatives.

The CPM top dog TribleFusion for example, pay average $2 per 1k impressions. Many people report better earning with TribleFusion than Adsense on the same web site.

Sell your ad space also earn you more money than Adsense.

Successful affiliates of Amazon Associate and other programs can make hundreds thousands of dollars per year...

I don't know if Google Adsense will allow these if you will apply soon but you can try sponsored blogging. There are sites that will pay you to post reviews on your blog. I just don't know if Google will allow this when you apply for an Adsense but that's one way to make money without the use of Adsense.
Paid blogging programs and ones which allow you to write sponsored blog posts will not accept you into the scheme until your blog is six months old and has plenty of posts on it. They might also reject a blog that is not getting much traffic.

Blogging is a long term money making project. The only way I can think of for making money quickly with a blog is to join affiliate programs or referral programs. However if a blog appears only to be created for promoting programs it could be closed down for spamming or it will just not be popular.

There are a lot of others advertising company online that you can join beside adsense. You can join Chitika and it's similar to adsense but much easier to get in. You can also join Yahoo ads programs. I'm sure that they're easier than adsense. You can also join text link. You can also join adbrite, where you get pay per page views instead. There are so many of them out there just do a google search for them. Clickbank is also one of them. You can also just write for people cause it will be about the same money that you will make minus the fees.

MI
Back