The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Mac or PC?

I have had mac's, windows pc's and linux computers, so can give a fair over view of them.

If you have the budget to essentially waste, then I would go mac, the reason I say waste is if you are only using programs that are available over other systems, your not really going to get any benefit from running OSX, windows and linux can be customised to look and behave like osx.

The issue with OSX is you pay well over the top for the hardware provided. If it's good performance that you want you would be better to put that money into the system it's self, a nice amd fx cpu is going to give amazing performance for a very reasonable price.

People will say OSX is more secure because there are no virus for mac's, it's a load of crap, there are a lot of virus' for mac's since their market share has increased.

What you do get with OSX is a very stable operating system, personally i would try using the nerish distro of osx before you buy a mac if you havnt had much time on one, it will give you a bit of insight into how the system works ( there are quite a few differences between windows and OSX) Nothing worse than dropping $2k on a mac and finding out that you don't like the environment.)

If you need to run windows only software then obviously windows is going to be the way to go, not really to much to say on windows, the operating system is ok at best and sometimes unstable. But there is a vast amount of software valuable for it.

Linux is a more complex topic, with 100's of distros available. Ubuntu and Linux Mint are both excellent, quick, stable and will run on just about anything. Of course the downsides are also there, if you need software like photoshop, then the best your going to get is gimp, while gimp is a good software package, from my experience it's just not on the same level as photoshop. You can run some windows programs with WINE but compatibility is patch and sometimes there are some issues.

So my recommendation, taking the above into account is:

Budget is not an issue and you want something that looks nice then go for a mac.
If you need to run windows programs or programs like photoshop then go Windows.
If you need something that will be quick stable and is more general purpose then I would go Linux.

Doesn't mean I own a PC, I'll vote for PC
Doesn't mean I own a MAC I'll vote for MAC.

It really depends on how you'll gonna be using it and what do you need and prefer as well.
If you can get both, then why not? :)

banners
Back