The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Mac or PC?

I have a 3 year old Macbookpro hasn't crashed yet and is super fast. The only thing I would like is the ability to detach the screen make it a touch tablet but other then that it's better then the pc.

I'll add this, I do have a small touch screen PC it's on the desk and the only thing I use it for is to convert and upload videos since it takes me like 4-5 hours to render/upload long videos I put that on the PC so the mac I can work on and it's cool. But what take the windows 4 hours the mac can do in half the time, I just like when my mac is not heated up.

Also the Pc is way cheaper if that matters, I paid 3K for my Mac and $250 for my windows (with more Ram and bigger hard drive).

PC, but running Ubuntu 90% of the time.

I use other Linux distributions and Windows XP, 7, and 8.1 too, but Ubuntu is easy - like switching between Windows and OSX for example, but free, fast, and flexible...

I am using a 7 year old laptop + Ubuntu to write this and it feels faster than the 2 month old equivalent on the next desk with Windows 8.1 :)

In security terms, Mac is better. PC is better in terms of software support and game support, etc.,
Absolutely. Both of my desktop and laptop are PC. I know lots of folk are diehard Mac fans but I don't currently foresee any in my future.

PC, but running Ubuntu 90% of the time.

I use other Linux distributions and Windows XP, 7, and 8.1 too, but Ubuntu is easy - like switching between Windows and OSX for example, but free, fast, and flexible...

I am using a 7 year old laptop + Ubuntu to write this and it feels faster than the 2 month old equivalent on the next desk with Windows 8.1 :)

Can you install Windows applications on Ubuntu? I have heard before of it.

Can you install Windows applications on Ubuntu? I have heard before of it.

I have not tried it myself, but there is something called 'Wine' which is built for exactly that: Wine (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another option would be to install Windows within Ubuntu using VirtualBox: VirtualBox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I usually just keep Windows on my disk as well, 'just in case.'

You can run Ubuntu directly from a USB stick to see what it looks like on your PC. Then, If you like it, you can use the same USB stick to install it alongside Windows.

I like both. Here is why.

I like mac for ease of use and also the ability to tie into my iphone seamlessly. however, i think that PC's are better for SEO since I can run more pgrograms on them that I couldnt run on a mac like scrapebox. I have my work computer which is a PC and a mac for personal use.

banners
Back